Cancun: Avoid tortoiseshell
Refrain from buying anything made from tortoiseshell. The carey, or hawksbill turtles, from which most of it comes, are an endangered species, and it's illegal to bring tortoiseshell products into the United States and several other countries.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $137* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board