Cancun: Avoid tortoiseshell
Refrain from buying anything made from tortoiseshell. The carey, or hawksbill turtles, from which most of it comes, are an endangered species, and it's illegal to bring tortoiseshell products into the United States and several other countries.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $89 & up -- Ends Sunday: Last-Minute Summer Fares, One WayVirgin America
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $54 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, Half OffBookIt.com