Ireland: Learn the ground rules for a traditional music session
Don't talk during the solo, and don't stare at the singer; most people look at the floor. Buy the musicians a drink if it's a small session, and if at all possible, have a party piece to contribute yourself—if you can't sing or play, recite a poem or tell a joke. It's the gesture that counts.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $129 -- Florida Keys: 1-Bedroom Suite w/Extras, 45% OffOcean Pointe Suites at Key Largo
- $846* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $55 -- Studio Suite at Vegas Hotel on The Strip, Save 40%Polo Towers
- $679* & up -- Flights to Peru from the U.S. (Roundtrip)LAN
- $535 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Vacations incl. Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays