Ireland: Learn the ground rules for a traditional music session
Don't talk during the solo, and don't stare at the singer; most people look at the floor. Buy the musicians a drink if it's a small session, and if at all possible, have a party piece to contribute yourself—if you can't sing or play, recite a poem or tell a joke. It's the gesture that counts.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com