Pack outside your bag
Before you actually pack your suitcase, pile everything you plan to bring on your bed or dresser. This is your opportunity to eye your clothes and cull a few more items. If you pack directly into your suitcase, you'll be tempted to throw in a few extra items (trust us, you will). Once you've made the final edit, pack only what's in front of you. If you've followed our advice, your suitcase should now be a lean, mean, traveling machine: Happy travels!
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Funny. Never thought that to be true, but know it happens everytime we even go away for the weekend. Now I know how to pare things down!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $11.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $162-$167 -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways