A Fodor's Community Member Remembered on NPR
It is with sadness that we share a story aired on NPR's All Things Considered last week. In it, a fondly-remembered and much-missed member of the forums named Robespierre is memorialized by the long-time Fodorites who knew him well. The piece is part of a larger series called the "Obituary Project," and you can listen to it here.
The travelers in our forums comment on the piece, and remember Robespierre, on this thread.
Robespierre's contributions will be missed. This is a powerful reminder that despite the geographical distances between us, real and lasting human connections can be forged in an online community.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $121 & up -- Downtown Philly Hotel Sale w/Extras, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $118 & up -- Downtown D.C. Holiday Hotel Sale, up to 30% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts