Consider apartment and house rentals
If you are interested in a single-destination vacation, or are staying in one place and using it as a base for exploring the local area, renting an apartment or a house can be a good idea. However, it is not always possible to ensure quality beforehand, and you may be responsible for supplying your own bed linens, towels, etc.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
With my experience of hotels its not always possible to ensure quality across a franchise - staff, food, when was it last refurbished. The choice to self cater is one based on freedom and the additional space that you get.
I have found that you can do you best to ensure quality by plentiful research beforehand. There are a number of good resources homeaway.com, holidaylettings.co.uk and pureholidayhomes.com are my favorites
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fare Sale into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $119 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $51-$58 -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hotel thru Fall, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $97* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $2165 & up -- Sydney, Cairns & Melbourne 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com