Consider apartment and house rentals
If you are interested in a single-destination vacation, or are staying in one place and using it as a base for exploring the local area, renting an apartment or a house can be a good idea. However, it is not always possible to ensure quality beforehand, and you may be responsible for supplying your own bed linens, towels, etc.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
With my experience of hotels its not always possible to ensure quality across a franchise - staff, food, when was it last refurbished. The choice to self cater is one based on freedom and the additional space that you get.
I have found that you can do you best to ensure quality by plentiful research beforehand. There are a number of good resources homeaway.com, holidaylettings.co.uk and pureholidayhomes.com are my favorites
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas-Area 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Park Central Dallas