See a baby whale breach in Mexico
Even if you only glimpse it from shore, spotting a pod of whales in the Pacific is one of Mexico's definitive experience. If you're lucky, you'll see a mama whale teach her young one the not-so-delicate art of breaching. Baja has gray whales in its waters from December to April; in particular, Laguna San Ignacio and Bahia Magdalena on the Pacific Coast seem to sing out a siren call to grays. They come in droves to give birth or mate. Sightings are also good between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo.
From the Forums: "Puerto Vallarta vs. Nuevo Vallarta?"
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1273* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1267 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from NYCGreat Value Vacations
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Fly & Drive Package w/Castle StayAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $209 -- Maui: 4-Diamond Beachfront Resort w/Credit, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $899 -- Suite: Alaska 7-Night Cruise incl. $525 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1329 & up -- Paris & Rome 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & TransferEuropeanDestinations.com