New Orleans: Eat a Hubig Pie
One New Orleans culinary delight that is almost unknown outside the city are the fried fruit turnovers made by Hubig's Pies on Dauphine Street in the Marigny. Simon Hubig founded the bakery in Fort Worth, Texas, and the New Orleans plant was just one of the chain. Forced by the Depression to close the other locations, Hubig held on to the New Orleans plant alone and brought on the current proprietors as partners. The pies are available in corner groceries around town.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board
- $699 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises