New in NYC: Two Affordable Boutique Hotels Open Their Doors
Top-tier hotels are popping up throughout the city, despite the current economic woes, and they're offering affordable rates so guests no longer have to trade style for savings. Two recent openings are especially trendy—and especially affordable.
The great thing about the new Ace Hotel, aside from its laidback hipster vibe (a photo booth in the lobby; mini-Heineken kegs in the in-room mini-fridges; and a young staff, sans uniform, that makes it seem like you're staying at the pad of your coolest friend) is that everyone, from bankers to backpackers, are welcome. With a range of accommodations, the Ace is designed to provide the style and luxury you'd expect to find at a 5-star hotel, for a price that everyone can afford. Come October, the in-house restaurant, the Breslin (of the same owners of the forever-trendy Spotted Pig restaurant) will open its doors, so try to snag a stay here before the scenesters take over. Rooms start at $169.
Chelsea, a neighborhood known for its art galleries, restaurants, and nightclubs, is now home to the new GEM hotel. And lucky for you, it doesn't cost a fortune to stay here. This small boutique hotel offers modern rooms decked out with black and white photos on the wall, flat-screen TVs, white linens, iPod docking stations, full length mirrors, and free Wi-Fi. The rooms are small but are designed to make the most of the limited space. And since you're surrounded by the best of NYC culture and nightlife, you most likely won't be spending much time in your hotel room anyway. Rooms start at $159.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Re the GEM, while many appreciate the accomodations, some have commented adversely on the dreary neighborhood and desolate walk from the hotel to penn station/madison sq garden area.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $679 & up -- Cabo: Riu Resort w/Kid's Club Trip incl. AirApple Vacations
- $119-$159 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 45%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1289 & up -- 14-Day Cruise to Bermuda, Canada & New EnglandNorwegian Cruise Line
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $270 & up -- Boston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago