Go Beyond the Theme Parks: Adventures By Disney
There are several ways that you and your family can experience the world of Disney beyond the theme parks. Taking a trip with Adventures by Disney, a group-tour program started in 2005, is one. The program is geared specifically to the needs of families, and, in 2010, will offer 19 excursions to destinations in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, Europe, and Latin and North America.
Trips include exclusive access to sights and local experts, lots of personal touches, and two Disney guides, who take care of all the details. This leaves you and your family free to immerse yourselves in local culture with experiences like:
- Going patriotic with private tours of Independence Hall in Philadelphia; monuments in Washington, D.C.; and all the sights of Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
- Riding a zip line or through a Costa Rican forest; whitewater rafting on a sylvan river; visiting a plantation to see how pineapples are harvested.
- Taking a private double-decker bus tour of London; receiving VIP treatment at a theatrical performance of The Lion King; zooming through the Channel Tunnel to Paris; and eating at the Eiffel Tower.
- Learning to make pasta in Tuscany and carnival masks in Venice; taking in Romeâ€™s top sights on private tours; creating a fresco in Florence.
- Exploring the Great Wall; touring Beijing by pedicab; learning Chinese calligraphy, kite-making, or tai-chi; visiting Disneyland Hong Kong.
Prices vary by trip. To ensure availability and the best rates, book as early as you can through your travel agent or AdventuresbyDisney.com, 877/728-7282.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand