Go Beyond the Theme Parks: Adventures By Disney
There are several ways that you and your family can experience the world of Disney beyond the theme parks. Taking a trip with Adventures by Disney, a group-tour program started in 2005, is one. The program is geared specifically to the needs of families, and, in 2010, will offer 19 excursions to destinations in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, Europe, and Latin and North America.
Trips include exclusive access to sights and local experts, lots of personal touches, and two Disney guides, who take care of all the details. This leaves you and your family free to immerse yourselves in local culture with experiences like:
- Going patriotic with private tours of Independence Hall in Philadelphia; monuments in Washington, D.C.; and all the sights of Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
- Riding a zip line or through a Costa Rican forest; whitewater rafting on a sylvan river; visiting a plantation to see how pineapples are harvested.
- Taking a private double-decker bus tour of London; receiving VIP treatment at a theatrical performance of The Lion King; zooming through the Channel Tunnel to Paris; and eating at the Eiffel Tower.
- Learning to make pasta in Tuscany and carnival masks in Venice; taking in Romeâ€™s top sights on private tours; creating a fresco in Florence.
- Exploring the Great Wall; touring Beijing by pedicab; learning Chinese calligraphy, kite-making, or tai-chi; visiting Disneyland Hong Kong.
Prices vary by trip. To ensure availability and the best rates, book as early as you can through your travel agent or AdventuresbyDisney.com, 877/728-7282.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $149* & up -- Ends 10/26: Mexico Fares into Winter, O/WVirgin America