Find out about tax refunds
In many countries the local or national taxes you pay on certain goods will be refunded to you at customs, as long as you fill out the proper forms, save your receipts, and document your purchases. Check with the tourist board, and for major purchase, double-check with the merchant you're dealing with.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria