Pack lots of layers
Layer, even if you think you won't need to. Forget what you've read about sunny California: San Francisco in summer is subject to finger-numbing fogs, and even Los Angeles has its chilly days. Also, malls, museums, cinemas, and airlines cabins are often air-conditioned to a wintry degree. The best bet is a lightweight, waterproof jacket, stuffable into your carry-on. A shawl-size scarf--virtually weightless and warm--is a woman's best friend, and can act as a beach cover-up or wrap.
From the Forums: Bare minimum packing list 8 days in France in September?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $149-$169 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $209-$229 -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $225 & up -- D.C.: 4-Diamond St. Regis Hotel, up to 30% offSt. Regis Washington DC
- $1499 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclusive Europe River Cruise, $2100 OffCMV River Cruises