Pack lots of layers
Layer, even if you think you won't need to. Forget what you've read about sunny California: San Francisco in summer is subject to finger-numbing fogs, and even Los Angeles has its chilly days. Also, malls, museums, cinemas, and airlines cabins are often air-conditioned to a wintry degree. The best bet is a lightweight, waterproof jacket, stuffable into your carry-on. A shawl-size scarf--virtually weightless and warm--is a woman's best friend, and can act as a beach cover-up or wrap.
From the Forums: Bare minimum packing list 8 days in France in September?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $144-$154 -- Suite: 4-Star All-Incl. Jamaica Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $1449 & up -- 'Worlds Best' Luxury Sailings on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com