12 of Chicago's Best Photo Opportunities for Visitors
Could Chicago be one of America's most photogenic cities? Recent entries to our Show Us Your Chicago Photo Contest lead us to believe so. Its towering architectural giants and iconic skyline give photographers plenty to capture. The contest, sponsored by Chicago's own Shedd Aquarium, runs through July 31st. Here are a dozen photos (of the many submitted so far) that show off the Windy City's camera-friendly side.
"There are lots of rides, shops, restaurants, boat tours, bikes, skates & Segway rentals... more than enough to do at The Navy Pier to entertain the whole family for the whole day."
Submitted by bainso
"My favorite spot in Chicago, day or night, is looking back on the City from the Planetarium area."
Submitted by bsnyder67
From the Forums: Romance in Chicago...on a Budget
North Avenue Beach
"We rode south to Museum Campus and beyond and saw the quintessential Chicago skyline. Then we rode north to North Avenue Beach for a view of the "backside" of the skyline! It felt like we were the only ones in Chicago from this outcropping into Lake Michigan." Submitted by lilaki
Along the Chicago River
"This was on a beautiful summer day just before taking a river cruise."
Submitted by frankg
Plan your trip: Recommended Chicago River Tour Companies
Signature Room at the 95th John Hancock Building
"Nothing better than a drink at the bar at Signature in the John Hancock Center. The cost of the drink is the price of admission. A bargain at twice the price!"
Submitted by daveyurek
Have you been to the Signature Room? Rate your experience
The Chicago Art Institute
"I was wandering over to the Art Institute from Millennium Park, and the new modern wing was lit up so beautifully that I couldn't help but pull out my camera."
Submitted by kirsteninflagstaff
U.S. Cellular Field, The Home of the White Sox
"The beauty of the ballpark at twilight. Especially when the Sox are hitting them out of the park!"
Submitted by scdvr219
From the Forums: A Chicago Baseball Trip with Teens
The Ledge at the Sear's Tower
"We were fortunate enough to visit "The Ledge" at Sear's Tower (now known as Willis Tower). It was amazing to stand (or lie) on the pane of glass suspended 103 floors above the city of Chicago! What a view!"
Submitted by annettegiberson
From the Forums: 6 Days in Chicago--Itinerary Feedback Wanted
The Crown Fountain
"One of the two Crown fountain towers. The photos on the tower change and move, every so often water spouts from the mouths. The kids were enjoying the water on the hot day in Chicago this week past."
Submitted by SeamusK
"Walking across lake street at dusk, it was a delight to pop around the corner and be greeted by the theatre's glow."
Submitted by TorontoJeff
From the Forums: Chicago - It's One Heck of a (Theatre) Town
"The shiny bean sculpture is so fun to visit. Nestled in the Millennium Park, it's reflective surface provides entertainment to anyone standing near. It also offers a beautiful reflection of the Chicago urban landscape. Always a crowd pleaser!"
Submitted by kimvigue
The Wrigley Building
"Wandering the streets of Chicago very early in the morning on a Saturday, I looked up and caught this."
Submitted by kymberlieblu
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $180-$199 -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $449 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Unlimited Drinks & MoreNorwegian Cruise Line
- $219-$269 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel into Summer, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $202 -- 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line