Consider hiring an English-speaking driver or private guide
If you're not a fan of big tour groups, try this option. You'll get the guide's expertise in English--and his or her companionship. In some destinations, this request is par for the course and will be quite standard. And, depending upon where you're traveling, you may end up safer, too. For simple day tours of famous sights, you might find hiring a guide to be worth the extra cost; they may be able to tailor your tour to your interests, which may give you a greater appreciation for your tour's subject.
Looking for recommendations? Look no further than our Forums
Europe Forum: 4 days in St Petersberg, Russia with or without a guide?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- D.C. 4-Star Hotel near White House, Save $100JW Marriott Washington, DC
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $799 & up -- Alaska 10-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $299 & up -- Ends 4/18: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $209 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central