Consider hiring an English-speaking driver or private guide
If you're not a fan of big tour groups, try this option. You'll get the guide's expertise in English--and his or her companionship. In some destinations, this request is par for the course and will be quite standard. And, depending upon where you're traveling, you may end up safer, too. For simple day tours of famous sights, you might find hiring a guide to be worth the extra cost; they may be able to tailor your tour to your interests, which may give you a greater appreciation for your tour's subject.
Looking for recommendations? Look no further than our Forums
Europe Forum: 4 days in St Petersberg, Russia with or without a guide?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $89 & up -- Atlanta Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $3099 -- India & Nepal 13-Night Vacation w/Air, Save $400Friendly Planet Travel
- $98 & up -- Seattle Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $1649 & up -- Aruba 7-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $579 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays