11 Ways to Experience Chicago's Biggest Bean
Have you BEAN to Chicago? Judging from recent entries to our Show Us Your Chicago Photo Contest, many visitors to the Windy City can't get enough of the city's most famous large legume. The contest, sponsored by Chicago's own Shedd Aquarium, runs through July 31st. Here is a sampling of the bean-tastic photos we've received so far.
Have you visited Millennium Park? Review and rate the experience.
"We visit my in-laws in Chicago every year during the holidays. This picture was taken in 2007, and it was the first time we had seen "The Bean." Though it was smudgy with condensation on that day, we spent quite a while taking reflected photos in many different combinations."
Submitted by shelly_m
"I braved a very cold November morning to get this shot. Security guard asked me why I abandoned a warm bed to come shoot, when the sculpture would be here all day. I showed him this image and said "THIS won't last for more than a few seconds."
Submitted by plara
"A couple of friends were in town and we were under "the bean" and took our picture."
Submitted by ssegelh
"The 110 ton elliptical sculpture forged of stainless steel reflects the city's skyline and the clouds above.."
Submitted by Normalee
"I had just had my first Prostate Cancer treatment and was on a short vacation in Chicago (November 2006). It was hot, for the end of the month. I walked around town with an architect friend of mine. That's how one should see Chicago. With a pro. In this shot, you can see a lot of the different architecture in Chicago (although some of it is backwards). I loved Chicago and can't wait to return."
Submitted by radtel
"Early morning, day after Thanksgiving, 2008. Lying on the ground looking up at Cloud Gate with the sky and clouds reflected. Couldn't tell where it ended and sky began!"
Submitted by heymo
"The shiny bean sculpture is so fun to visit. Nestled in the Millennium Park, it's reflective surface provides entertainment to anyone standing near. It also offers a beautiful reflection of the Chicago urban landscape. Always a crowd pleaser!"
Submitted by kimvigue
"The Bean" offered unlimited reflections of the Chicago Skyline. This is only one of many."
Submitted by photofootvigue
"Such a magnificent sculpture could not be photographed in an ordinary way.. so i jumped! My jumping for joy enticed others to do the same!! The image of me on the bean,jumping, is quite funny! It's one way of commemorating a great sculpture in a fabulous city."
Submitted by anaelli
"The juxtaposition of swaying dancers in front of the reflective "Bean" and Chicago architecture was amazing. There is so much free entertainment in this wonderful city, along with all the fabulous sights and lakeshore--this picture symbolizes that vibrancy and accessibility to art."
Submitted by snorkelluvn
"On vacation with a cute partner!"
Submitted by TC
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $1100* & up -- Fly to Chile from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $1948 & up -- Italy in Summer: Rome Vacation w/Air & TourGreat Value Vacations
- $1778 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TourTripMasters.com
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria