Shocking News About Peter Deilmann Cruises
Because of financial difficulties, Peter Deilmann Cruises is getting out of the river cruise business by the end of October. I'm really shocked because they have always run one of the best sets of river-cruise itineraries. And they actually own all their ships. They do operate other kinds of cruises, which are apparently not affected. If I hear anything more substantial, I'll re-post here.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I SAILED WITH PETER DEILMANN ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST CRUISES MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE EVER TAKEN. WE HAVE ALWAYS SAIL ON LARGE CRUISE SHIPS SO THIS SMALLER CRUISE LINE WAS A FIRST. THE STAFF AND ACCOMMODATIONS WERE WONDERFUL, THE FOOD EXCELLENT AND THE PORTS VERY UNIQUE. WE WERE BOTH SAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE CRUISE LINE GETTING OUT OF THE RIVER CRUISE BUSINESS.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $150-$168 -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort in Peak Season, 60% OffHotel Riu Palace Peninsula
- $1474 -- Oceanview: 12-Nt. Europe Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1199 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet