Shocking News About Peter Deilmann Cruises
Because of financial difficulties, Peter Deilmann Cruises is getting out of the river cruise business by the end of October. I'm really shocked because they have always run one of the best sets of river-cruise itineraries. And they actually own all their ships. They do operate other kinds of cruises, which are apparently not affected. If I hear anything more substantial, I'll re-post here.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I SAILED WITH PETER DEILMANN ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST CRUISES MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE EVER TAKEN. WE HAVE ALWAYS SAIL ON LARGE CRUISE SHIPS SO THIS SMALLER CRUISE LINE WAS A FIRST. THE STAFF AND ACCOMMODATIONS WERE WONDERFUL, THE FOOD EXCELLENT AND THE PORTS VERY UNIQUE. WE WERE BOTH SAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE CRUISE LINE GETTING OUT OF THE RIVER CRUISE BUSINESS.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $80 & up -- Maryland: New Top-Rated Wellness Hotel, 20% OffEVEN Hotel Rockville
- $169 & up -- 4-Star Westin Times Square Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $629 & up -- Riviera Maya Beachside Riu Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com