Research your destination's "dress code"
In some resort areas an anything-goes dress code applies; others might expect fancy dress for dinner. If you're going abroad, local mores may vary. In the fashion capital of Milan women visiting the famous cathedral are expected to cover their heads and bare shoulders with a scarf. In the Middle East, women are expected to dress modestly (long skirts, no pants). Before you start assembling your wardrobe, consult a guide book on the place you're visiting or ask other travelers.
Recent "What to Wear" Topics in Our Forums
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $5499 -- 7-Night Luxury All-Incl. Mediterranean Cruise w/AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $459 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas Beach Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $711* & up -- 2015 Fares to Europe from the U.S., R/TAir France