Tuscany on a Budget: Rent a Villa
"You don't say when you are traveling. You could pick a fairly central location and rent a cottage/villa for that time. We always do this when staying in one area and it gives us more space and is usually much cheaper than a hotel room for the same time. Look at sites like: www.holiday-rentals.co.uk, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaylets.net, etc. You can just search on 'accommodation' and the area you want and usually you can find specific places to the area as well. During high season, many places want a minimum of 1 week, but outside of high season they are usually more flexible. Sometimes the minimums are only 2-3 days even in high season." -- shared by Fodor's member see_the_world7
From the Forums: Budget accommodations in Tuscany
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Products and Services Every Super Traveler Needs
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Luxurious Log Cabins Across the U.S.
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- $1379 & up -- Costa Rica Adults-Only All-Incl. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $129 & up -- Stylish Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $129 -- San Francisco Union Square Hotel incl. WeekendsCartwright Hotel Union Square
- $76 -- Montreal Hotel incl. Wi-Fi & Parking, 30% OffHotel Universel Montreal
- $119 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 40%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $1699 -- Luxe Turkey 11-Night, 7-City Escorted Trip w/AirGate 1 Travel