Beat the Euro in Ireland: Book a night at a university
"I've gone the B&B route on other trips to Ireland, but I'm a big fan of university lodging when it comes to visiting larger cities and needing to keep to a budget. I think a lot of older travelers hear the word "university" and automatically think it's a place full of young backpackers and they will be sharing a bathroom with 20 other tourists. Not true...Queen's University in Belfast and Trinity College in Dublin are great examples of places that offer spacious, clean rooms with private bathrooms. Easy access to public transit, on-site laundry and internet facilities and a full Irish breakfast every day for a fraction of what you'd pay at a hotel make university lodging a terrific option." -- shared by Fodor's member Ceidleh
From the Forums: Beating the Euro in Ireland
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $59* & up -- Ends 10/26: Fare Sale to/from West Coast, O/WVirgin America
- $2499 -- China: 13-Nt. Trip w/River Cruise & Air, $1000 OffSinorama Holidays