Win A Free Trip to Guernsey
That's right, Guernsey. In the Channel Islands. Near England. Still not ringing any bells? Well it should. Guernsey has much to recommend it: just 30 miles west of the coast of Normandy, this tiny island grouping (technically a "British Crown Dependency", but not part of the UK or the EU) is a fascinating mix of bucolic scenery, history, and British and French culture.
Recently it has come onto travelers' radar as the setting for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, the best-selling novel, though it has been an important European landmark throughout history—including World War II, when the Nazis occupied it, believing that it was of utmost tactical importance. The remains of many of their fortifications are still open to the public.
If you haven't been to Guernsey, now's your chance to join the countless readers who have fallen in love with this charming island.
The delightfully wry and heartwarming debut novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, set on the island of Guernsey, takes place immediately after its World War II occupation. It tells the story of an author who travels to Guernsey in search of her next book subject and finds so much more: a remarkable group of friends who were united during a difficult time by their love of books.
The Dial Press wants to give you a chance to explore Guernsey for yourself! Enter the contest now for the chance to win a trip to Guernsey with your book club.
One lucky winner will travel to Guernsey with five friends from Friday October 2nd through Monday October 5th, 2009. Activities will include a joint book discussion with a UK book group, an island tour, and more!
Visit www.TakeYourBookClubToGuernsey.com for more details, official sweepstakes rules, and restrictions.
No purchase necessary. US residents over the age of 18 only. Residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island not eligible. Other restrictions apply.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $149-$179 -- Orlando: 4-Star Renovated Resort, Save 20%Orlando World Center Marriott
- $699 & up -- 4-Star Beachfront Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $119 -- Boston: Cambridge Hotel Suite w/Wi-Fi, 35% OffDoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort