Win A Free Trip to Guernsey
That's right, Guernsey. In the Channel Islands. Near England. Still not ringing any bells? Well it should. Guernsey has much to recommend it: just 30 miles west of the coast of Normandy, this tiny island grouping (technically a "British Crown Dependency", but not part of the UK or the EU) is a fascinating mix of bucolic scenery, history, and British and French culture.
Recently it has come onto travelers' radar as the setting for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, the best-selling novel, though it has been an important European landmark throughout history—including World War II, when the Nazis occupied it, believing that it was of utmost tactical importance. The remains of many of their fortifications are still open to the public.
If you haven't been to Guernsey, now's your chance to join the countless readers who have fallen in love with this charming island.
The delightfully wry and heartwarming debut novel The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, set on the island of Guernsey, takes place immediately after its World War II occupation. It tells the story of an author who travels to Guernsey in search of her next book subject and finds so much more: a remarkable group of friends who were united during a difficult time by their love of books.
The Dial Press wants to give you a chance to explore Guernsey for yourself! Enter the contest now for the chance to win a trip to Guernsey with your book club.
One lucky winner will travel to Guernsey with five friends from Friday October 2nd through Monday October 5th, 2009. Activities will include a joint book discussion with a UK book group, an island tour, and more!
Visit www.TakeYourBookClubToGuernsey.com for more details, official sweepstakes rules, and restrictions.
No purchase necessary. US residents over the age of 18 only. Residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island not eligible. Other restrictions apply.
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com