Scenic New Mexico: Snapshots from Fodor's Members
New Mexico's spectacular landscapes and crystal-clear atmosphere are an amateur photographer's dream. Many of the common scenes around the state seem tailor-made for photography sessions: terra-cotta-hued adobe buildings against azure-blue skies, dramatic rain clouds contrasting with vermilion sunsets, and so on.
It's no surprise, then, that we've received some stunning images for our "Show Us Your New Mexico" photo contest, which runs through May 15th. Here are a few that caught our eye.
"This beautiful panoramic view was taken between Chama and Osier while riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in late September 2008. I believe this was called Windy Point. Both the railroad and highway go around this mountain."
Submitted by Tbirds69
Location: Chama Area
From the Forums: "What can we really fit in with 5 days in Utah?"
Tent Rocks Park
"This is a wonderful park between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You have to drive through Cochiti Pueblo to get there and past the bison, the Rio Grande and the Dam. The walk up is amazing through the canyon and up to the place where you can see everything for miles and miles."
Submitted by ziasunshine
Location: Tent Rocks Park
Exploring Albuquerque : Great Itineraries
Road to Taos
"We were driving from Santa Fe to Taos last April and the river looked just like the first time I had seen it in 1967. I was stationed with the Navy at Kirtland AFB. The two years here in New Mexico were great for me!"
Submitted by Larryjq
Location: Road to Taos
From the Forums: Tips for planning a fall trip to see the foliage in Taos/Santa Fe?
"Balloons at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta float just above the Rio Grande."
Submitted by JB5150
From the Forums: ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
"These white sands almost look like snow drifts and they make a good substitute for snow for sledding."
Submitted by bjnicho
Location: White Sands National Monument
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $949 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $699 & up -- 4-Star Beachfront Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $119-$159 -- Orlando 4-Star Resort at SeaWorld, Save 45%Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
- $459 & up -- 4-Star Bahamas Beach Getaway w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland