Scenic New Mexico: Snapshots from Fodor's Members
New Mexico's spectacular landscapes and crystal-clear atmosphere are an amateur photographer's dream. Many of the common scenes around the state seem tailor-made for photography sessions: terra-cotta-hued adobe buildings against azure-blue skies, dramatic rain clouds contrasting with vermilion sunsets, and so on.
It's no surprise, then, that we've received some stunning images for our "Show Us Your New Mexico" photo contest, which runs through May 15th. Here are a few that caught our eye.
"This beautiful panoramic view was taken between Chama and Osier while riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in late September 2008. I believe this was called Windy Point. Both the railroad and highway go around this mountain."
Submitted by Tbirds69
Location: Chama Area
From the Forums: "What can we really fit in with 5 days in Utah?"
Tent Rocks Park
"This is a wonderful park between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You have to drive through Cochiti Pueblo to get there and past the bison, the Rio Grande and the Dam. The walk up is amazing through the canyon and up to the place where you can see everything for miles and miles."
Submitted by ziasunshine
Location: Tent Rocks Park
Exploring Albuquerque : Great Itineraries
Road to Taos
"We were driving from Santa Fe to Taos last April and the river looked just like the first time I had seen it in 1967. I was stationed with the Navy at Kirtland AFB. The two years here in New Mexico were great for me!"
Submitted by Larryjq
Location: Road to Taos
From the Forums: Tips for planning a fall trip to see the foliage in Taos/Santa Fe?
"Balloons at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta float just above the Rio Grande."
Submitted by JB5150
From the Forums: ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
"These white sands almost look like snow drifts and they make a good substitute for snow for sledding."
Submitted by bjnicho
Location: White Sands National Monument
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- $59 & up -- Palm Springs Resorts up to 55% OffGreater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $120 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Day Cruises incl. Nassau & Key WestCarnival Cruise Lines
- $249 & up -- Ends 10/14: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $119 & up -- Baja Mexico: Weekend Cruises to EnsenadaCarnival Cruise Lines
- $114 & up -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Hotel w/ExtrasSheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel