Scenic New Mexico: Snapshots from Fodor's Members
New Mexico's spectacular landscapes and crystal-clear atmosphere are an amateur photographer's dream. Many of the common scenes around the state seem tailor-made for photography sessions: terra-cotta-hued adobe buildings against azure-blue skies, dramatic rain clouds contrasting with vermilion sunsets, and so on.
It's no surprise, then, that we've received some stunning images for our "Show Us Your New Mexico" photo contest, which runs through May 15th. Here are a few that caught our eye.
"This beautiful panoramic view was taken between Chama and Osier while riding the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad in late September 2008. I believe this was called Windy Point. Both the railroad and highway go around this mountain."
Submitted by Tbirds69
Location: Chama Area
From the Forums: "What can we really fit in with 5 days in Utah?"
Tent Rocks Park
"This is a wonderful park between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. You have to drive through Cochiti Pueblo to get there and past the bison, the Rio Grande and the Dam. The walk up is amazing through the canyon and up to the place where you can see everything for miles and miles."
Submitted by ziasunshine
Location: Tent Rocks Park
Exploring Albuquerque : Great Itineraries
Road to Taos
"We were driving from Santa Fe to Taos last April and the river looked just like the first time I had seen it in 1967. I was stationed with the Navy at Kirtland AFB. The two years here in New Mexico were great for me!"
Submitted by Larryjq
Location: Road to Taos
From the Forums: Tips for planning a fall trip to see the foliage in Taos/Santa Fe?
"Balloons at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta float just above the Rio Grande."
Submitted by JB5150
From the Forums: ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
"These white sands almost look like snow drifts and they make a good substitute for snow for sledding."
Submitted by bjnicho
Location: White Sands National Monument
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $1267 & up -- Costa Rica: 4-City, 7-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism