Eating Well in Japan: Snapshots from Fodor's Members
Fodor's "Show Us Your Japan" photo contest runs through March 16th and based on the entries that we've received so far, it's apparent that our members enjoyed a diverse range of dining experiences. Here are just a few of the food-related images that have been submitted so far.
"This was our sons first visit to Japan to see his grandparents. We stayed at local traditional bed and breakfast that required us to dress in Kimono's. We ate a style of dinner called Kaiseki. Kaiseki is a type of art form that balances the taste, texture, appearance, and colors of food. We stayed here for about a week before taking off exploring. A wonderful exposure for my son who is half Japanese, we had a blast."
Submitted by bray99
From the Forums: Lodging in Hakone?
"The presentation was so beautiful that it was almost a shame to start digging in. We had some of the freshest sashimi our happy mouths had ever tasted in a small mom-and-pop joint in Ebino Kogen, Kyushu."
Submitted by emilyblue
Location: Ebino Kogen, Kyushu
From the Forums: Best Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan
"Spring in Japan, with its quintessential cherry blossoms, is a season for celebrating rebirth and life. During the spring, festivals and tea ceremonies are held to celebrate the season. This tray of sweets was served during a spring tea ceremony and shows the beauty, delicacy and elegance of Japanese traditions."
Submitted by CMNak
"With a dizzying thirty flavors to pick from, I finally decided on plum, and then I simply had to try the wasabi, and both were as good as they looked! Scrumptious!"
Submitted by stcecile
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1774* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company