Eating Well in Japan: Snapshots from Fodor's Members
Fodor's "Show Us Your Japan" photo contest runs through March 16th and based on the entries that we've received so far, it's apparent that our members enjoyed a diverse range of dining experiences. Here are just a few of the food-related images that have been submitted so far.
"This was our sons first visit to Japan to see his grandparents. We stayed at local traditional bed and breakfast that required us to dress in Kimono's. We ate a style of dinner called Kaiseki. Kaiseki is a type of art form that balances the taste, texture, appearance, and colors of food. We stayed here for about a week before taking off exploring. A wonderful exposure for my son who is half Japanese, we had a blast."
Submitted by bray99
From the Forums: Lodging in Hakone?
"The presentation was so beautiful that it was almost a shame to start digging in. We had some of the freshest sashimi our happy mouths had ever tasted in a small mom-and-pop joint in Ebino Kogen, Kyushu."
Submitted by emilyblue
Location: Ebino Kogen, Kyushu
From the Forums: Best Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan
"Spring in Japan, with its quintessential cherry blossoms, is a season for celebrating rebirth and life. During the spring, festivals and tea ceremonies are held to celebrate the season. This tray of sweets was served during a spring tea ceremony and shows the beauty, delicacy and elegance of Japanese traditions."
Submitted by CMNak
"With a dizzying thirty flavors to pick from, I finally decided on plum, and then I simply had to try the wasabi, and both were as good as they looked! Scrumptious!"
Submitted by stcecile
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Bahamas Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter