New Non-Allergenic Hotel Rooms
Ever wake up in a hotel room with swollen eyes and a stuffed-up nose? Whether dust mites or down comforters are the culprits, hotels are now responding to the need for "allergy friendly" rooms. Doubletree, Marriott, Sheraton, and Wyndham are among the major hotel brands to accommodate guests that suffer from allergies and asthma.
"Allergy friendly" rooms undergo a multistep cleaning and purifying process that's designed to improve the air quality and remove approximately 98% of allergens, according to the hotels. All surfaces including walls, carpeting, bedcovers, and fabrics are sanitized and treated with a microbial shield to make them resistant to bacteria and viruses. An advanced air purifying system is installed and air vents are deep cleaned and treated with a tea tree oil cartridge that serves as a disinfectant.
Although many hotel chains offer "allergy friendly" rooms in a selection of their hotels, Wyndham is the first national upscale lodging chain to ensure that at least 25 rooms in every hotel will be "allergy friendly" by the end of 2009. Currently nine Wyndham Hotels, including properties in Miami, Atlanta, New York, and the Virgin Islands offer these accommodations. For more information, see Wyndham's ClearAir webpage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $159 & up -- Tampa Hotels into May, Save 30%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $169-$199 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort in Spring, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $905 & up -- 6-Nt. Rome & Athens Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel