New Non-Allergenic Hotel Rooms
Ever wake up in a hotel room with swollen eyes and a stuffed-up nose? Whether dust mites or down comforters are the culprits, hotels are now responding to the need for "allergy friendly" rooms. Doubletree, Marriott, Sheraton, and Wyndham are among the major hotel brands to accommodate guests that suffer from allergies and asthma.
"Allergy friendly" rooms undergo a multistep cleaning and purifying process that's designed to improve the air quality and remove approximately 98% of allergens, according to the hotels. All surfaces including walls, carpeting, bedcovers, and fabrics are sanitized and treated with a microbial shield to make them resistant to bacteria and viruses. An advanced air purifying system is installed and air vents are deep cleaned and treated with a tea tree oil cartridge that serves as a disinfectant.
Although many hotel chains offer "allergy friendly" rooms in a selection of their hotels, Wyndham is the first national upscale lodging chain to ensure that at least 25 rooms in every hotel will be "allergy friendly" by the end of 2009. Currently nine Wyndham Hotels, including properties in Miami, Atlanta, New York, and the Virgin Islands offer these accommodations. For more information, see Wyndham's ClearAir webpage.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $170 & up -- Savannah 4-Diamond Forsyth Park Hotel, 45% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $75* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America