The Adventure Traveler: A Happy Camper Gift Guide
Here are our favorite gift ideas for the outdoor-oriented traveler in your life, whether they love to birdwatch in Costa Rica or trek in the nearest national park. This is the first in a series of gift guides for every kind of traveler. Stay tuned.
Stocking Stuffers (under $25)
Never go hungry again, or at least always have a utensil handy. The Light My Fire Spork ($3 for one, $9.95 for pack of four) comes in six bright colors and has a spoon on one side and a fork-knife combination on the other.
Flatworld Orikaso makes camping origami. Cups, bowls, and mugs ($4.99–$5.99) start out flat and fold into shape. They're great space savers and extremely lightweight.
If you must give socks, grab the high-tech water wicking ones, like SmartWool Hiking Socks ($16.95).
Mid-Range (under $50)
Go hands-free with a headlamp. The PETZL Tikka XP ($49.94) is excellent, with 3 lighting settings and flood or spot beam. The less expensive PETZL Tikkina LED Headlamp ($23.95) also makes a good stocking stuffer and both make great reading lights for home use, too.
The GSI Dualist Cook System ($49.94) cooks up a perfect breakfast for two. It contains a lightweight 1.8 liter pot, 2 insulated cups with removable sip-through tops, and 2 bowls, and best of all they all fit inside the pot.
Pricey (under $100)
After a long hike, the ENO Doublenest Hammock ($64.95) is a wonderful place for a nap. It's unbelievably small, about the size of a grapefruit, and weighs a little over a pound. Make the gift complete with a pair of ENO SlapStraps ($19.95) for super easy set up between trees. This is also great for parks and beaches.
Keep them hydrated with room for snacks with the CamelBak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack ($85.00). This backpack carries a water reservoir with a hose for easy drinking on the trail.
Photo courtesy of Light My Fire
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $338* & up -- Fare Sale to Europe (One-Way, R/T Required)LOT Polish Airlines
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria