What to Ask Your African Safari Specialist Before You Commit
After months or even years of planning, the moment has finally arrived-- you've chosen your safari operator and it's time to send them the deposit. But wait!! Who are these people, really, and can you trust them? Below is our list of essential questions to ask before you make your final commitment.
If you think we've missed any, please feel free to jump over to the forums thread and add your own.
1. Do you handle Africa exclusively?
2. How many years have you been selling tours in Africa?
3. Are you or any of the staff native to the continent?
4. To which professional organizations do you belong? For example, the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) or the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)?
5. Has your company received any accolades or awards relating to Africa?
6. Can you provide a reference list of past clients?
7. How often do you and your staff visit Africa?
8. Have you ever visited Africa yourself?
9. What sort of support do you have in Africa?
10. Do you charge a fee? (Agents and operators usually make their money through commissions.)
11. What is your cancellation policy?
12. Can you handle arrangements from start to finish, including flights?
13. What is your contingency plan in case of war or terrorism?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Walking Food Tours Around the U.S.
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $249 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, 20% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $309 & up -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $125 & up -- Tucson, AZ: 4-Diamond Resort, Save 60%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $723* & up -- Europe Winter Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France