What to Ask Your African Safari Specialist Before You Commit
After months or even years of planning, the moment has finally arrived-- you've chosen your safari operator and it's time to send them the deposit. But wait!! Who are these people, really, and can you trust them? Below is our list of essential questions to ask before you make your final commitment.
If you think we've missed any, please feel free to jump over to the forums thread and add your own.
1. Do you handle Africa exclusively?
2. How many years have you been selling tours in Africa?
3. Are you or any of the staff native to the continent?
4. To which professional organizations do you belong? For example, the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) or the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)?
5. Has your company received any accolades or awards relating to Africa?
6. Can you provide a reference list of past clients?
7. How often do you and your staff visit Africa?
8. Have you ever visited Africa yourself?
9. What sort of support do you have in Africa?
10. Do you charge a fee? (Agents and operators usually make their money through commissions.)
11. What is your cancellation policy?
12. Can you handle arrangements from start to finish, including flights?
13. What is your contingency plan in case of war or terrorism?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $69 & up -- Orlando Resort Sale through Summer, Save 50%Visit Orlando
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise