What to Ask Your African Safari Specialist Before You Commit
After months or even years of planning, the moment has finally arrived-- you've chosen your safari operator and it's time to send them the deposit. But wait!! Who are these people, really, and can you trust them? Below is our list of essential questions to ask before you make your final commitment.
If you think we've missed any, please feel free to jump over to the forums thread and add your own.
1. Do you handle Africa exclusively?
2. How many years have you been selling tours in Africa?
3. Are you or any of the staff native to the continent?
4. To which professional organizations do you belong? For example, the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) or the United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)?
5. Has your company received any accolades or awards relating to Africa?
6. Can you provide a reference list of past clients?
7. How often do you and your staff visit Africa?
8. Have you ever visited Africa yourself?
9. What sort of support do you have in Africa?
10. Do you charge a fee? (Agents and operators usually make their money through commissions.)
11. What is your cancellation policy?
12. Can you handle arrangements from start to finish, including flights?
13. What is your contingency plan in case of war or terrorism?
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $99-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $109 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1005 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Escapes w/Air & Studio RoomPleasant Holidays
- $539 & up -- Jamaica 5-Night, All-Incl. Trip; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com