Bonus: Five More SATC Locations
Now that the Sex and the City movie has opened, here's a peek at five special NYC sights that appear in the flick. But we promise, no spoilers! As with our tour based on the original show, we've given these sights in geographic order, starting downtown and heading up Manhattan. Visit our map to plan your route. Brooklyn Bridge. Miranda has a life-changing moment on this stunning span. Now's a perfect time to stroll across this landmark, as it celebrates its 125th birthday this year. Walkway accessed at Park Row, near City Hall on the Manhattan side Buddakan. Carrie and Mr. Big hold their rehearsal dinner at this enormous modern-Asian restaurant on the edge of the Meatpacking District. It's very much a scene, whether you're at the long communal table (à la Carrie and Company) or in the more intimate library room. 75 Ninth Avenue New York Public Library: Humanities and Social Sciences. Carrie and her friends get a nasty shock on the grand marble staircase here. The drama continues in the street just outside, literally stopping traffic. Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street Lumi. Charlotte has a meltdown at this Upper East Side Italian restaurant. Ladies-who-lunch snag seats on the patio in good weather, or by the fireplace in the romantic upstairs dining room. 963 Lexington Avenue 1010 Fifth Avenue. Is there an apartment big enough for both labels and love? Carrie and Big are smitten with a penthouse across from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Although the building's exterior is real, the interior (and jaw-dropping closet) was a set. Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods