Just Back from Eleuthera: Paradise in the Bahamas
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Just got back from Eleuthera Feb 1 2014. After reading your post it sounds like the island has not changed a bit which suits me just fine. If your looking for casinos, heavy partying, lots of other tourists, crime and loud noises, don't go to Eleuthera. Really.....don't go. I can only hope that Eleuthera will never change. It's perfect for people who want beaches all to themselves and fell safe walking on them at night. Peace and quiet, friendly locals and hole in the wall cafes are everywhere. Friday nights in Governors harbor present dancing in the street at the fish fry. I will continue to return to this beautiful island.
I found the quiet, beauty and friendly natives so appealing that I rehabbed a ruin in the midst of Tarpum Bay, a small fishing village. Eleuthera isn't for everyone, thank goodness!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Winter Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $299 & up -- Ends 1/31: Caribbean Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $125 & up -- Philadelphia Area Hotel Sale w/Parking, 45% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $1799 -- Sydney & Melbourne Vacation w/4-Star Air, $1050 OffQantas Vacations
- $99 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com