Just Back from Eleuthera: Paradise in the Bahamas
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Just got back from Eleuthera Feb 1 2014. After reading your post it sounds like the island has not changed a bit which suits me just fine. If your looking for casinos, heavy partying, lots of other tourists, crime and loud noises, don't go to Eleuthera. Really.....don't go. I can only hope that Eleuthera will never change. It's perfect for people who want beaches all to themselves and fell safe walking on them at night. Peace and quiet, friendly locals and hole in the wall cafes are everywhere. Friday nights in Governors harbor present dancing in the street at the fish fry. I will continue to return to this beautiful island.
I found the quiet, beauty and friendly natives so appealing that I rehabbed a ruin in the midst of Tarpum Bay, a small fishing village. Eleuthera isn't for everyone, thank goodness!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $2299 -- Windstar: Luxury 7-Nt. Italy, France & Spain CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $699 & up -- 4-Star Beachfront Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $719 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. 'Riu' Trip w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $3699 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclu. Caribbean Cruise w/Drinks & AirRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $50-$57 -- Myrtle Beach Resort: Oceanfront & Jacuzzi SuitesSea Crest Resort
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland