Just Back from Eleuthera: Paradise in the Bahamas
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Just got back from Eleuthera Feb 1 2014. After reading your post it sounds like the island has not changed a bit which suits me just fine. If your looking for casinos, heavy partying, lots of other tourists, crime and loud noises, don't go to Eleuthera. Really.....don't go. I can only hope that Eleuthera will never change. It's perfect for people who want beaches all to themselves and fell safe walking on them at night. Peace and quiet, friendly locals and hole in the wall cafes are everywhere. Friday nights in Governors harbor present dancing in the street at the fish fry. I will continue to return to this beautiful island.
I found the quiet, beauty and friendly natives so appealing that I rehabbed a ruin in the midst of Tarpum Bay, a small fishing village. Eleuthera isn't for everyone, thank goodness!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $169 -- FL: St. Augustine 4-Diamond Luxe Hotel, Save 55%Casa Monica Hotel
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $265 & up -- Riviera Maya: Uninhibited Adults-Only ResortHidden Beach Resort
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Sale thru 2015 on Top Airline, O/WAlaska Airlines