Just Back from Eleuthera: Paradise in the Bahamas
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Just got back from Eleuthera Feb 1 2014. After reading your post it sounds like the island has not changed a bit which suits me just fine. If your looking for casinos, heavy partying, lots of other tourists, crime and loud noises, don't go to Eleuthera. Really.....don't go. I can only hope that Eleuthera will never change. It's perfect for people who want beaches all to themselves and fell safe walking on them at night. Peace and quiet, friendly locals and hole in the wall cafes are everywhere. Friday nights in Governors harbor present dancing in the street at the fish fry. I will continue to return to this beautiful island.
I found the quiet, beauty and friendly natives so appealing that I rehabbed a ruin in the midst of Tarpum Bay, a small fishing village. Eleuthera isn't for everyone, thank goodness!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Walking Food Tours Around the U.S.
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $49-$69 -- Orlando Hotel w/Park Shuttles & Parking, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $97* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $309 & up -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $109-$159 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino