Just Back from Eleuthera: Paradise in the Bahamas
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Just got back from Eleuthera Feb 1 2014. After reading your post it sounds like the island has not changed a bit which suits me just fine. If your looking for casinos, heavy partying, lots of other tourists, crime and loud noises, don't go to Eleuthera. Really.....don't go. I can only hope that Eleuthera will never change. It's perfect for people who want beaches all to themselves and fell safe walking on them at night. Peace and quiet, friendly locals and hole in the wall cafes are everywhere. Friday nights in Governors harbor present dancing in the street at the fish fry. I will continue to return to this beautiful island.
I found the quiet, beauty and friendly natives so appealing that I rehabbed a ruin in the midst of Tarpum Bay, a small fishing village. Eleuthera isn't for everyone, thank goodness!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1417 & up -- 6-Nt. Ireland Bed & Breakfast Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $2544* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France