What (Not) to Wear in Europe
UPDATE: June 2012
Part of being a smart traveler is being smartly dressed. Luckily, there is no set dress code---but there are unofficial rules of dress that will save space in your suitcase and not make you a glaringly obvious target for pickpockets. Here are tips from our forum's fashionistas for blending in and being comfortable on your next European adventure.
Have your own travel fashion question?
Ask the Forums for advice.
Divinely Dressed Divas
Do you have to surrender your white in October? Does black still rule in Paris? Will the Vatican turn away your belly-bearing daughter? Relax ladies; your biggest apparel conundrums are answered.
Europe bound without a blazer? The forum's best-dressed men know how to look dashing, not daft, even when traveling off the cuff.
Tips for Keeping Your Feet Fashionably Comfortable
Are your oh-so-cute sandals safe for cobblestone streets? Here are recommendations for shoes that will survive your most active sightseeing days and take you through an evening on the town.
The Perfect Tote
Suggestions for the perfect alternatives to the fanny-pack, a source of excruciating embarrassment for your teenager.
Written and compiled by Katie Hamlin
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com