What (Not) to Wear in Europe
UPDATE: June 2012
Part of being a smart traveler is being smartly dressed. Luckily, there is no set dress code---but there are unofficial rules of dress that will save space in your suitcase and not make you a glaringly obvious target for pickpockets. Here are tips from our forum's fashionistas for blending in and being comfortable on your next European adventure.
Have your own travel fashion question?
Ask the Forums for advice.
Divinely Dressed Divas
Do you have to surrender your white in October? Does black still rule in Paris? Will the Vatican turn away your belly-bearing daughter? Relax ladies; your biggest apparel conundrums are answered.
Europe bound without a blazer? The forum's best-dressed men know how to look dashing, not daft, even when traveling off the cuff.
Tips for Keeping Your Feet Fashionably Comfortable
Are your oh-so-cute sandals safe for cobblestone streets? Here are recommendations for shoes that will survive your most active sightseeing days and take you through an evening on the town.
The Perfect Tote
Suggestions for the perfect alternatives to the fanny-pack, a source of excruciating embarrassment for your teenager.
Written and compiled by Katie Hamlin
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways