Sports Illustrated, Travel Channel Team Up for Swimsuit Issue Special
"Sports fans," set your DVRs: Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue is coming to a TV near you. The Travel Channel will run a special on the famed annual issue February 17th at 8 pm ET. Sports Illustrated®: The Making of Swimsuit '13—7 Continents, 17 Wonders will take viewers all across the world as it chronicles the adventurous shoots models participated in for the magazine.
This year's selection of locales, including SI's first shoot in Antarctica, will highlight some truly jaw-dropping sights. Touring the world from Namibia to Australia and Easter Island, the special is being touted as a cultural experience as well as a companion to the popular swimsuit spreads.
"This is not an hour of just models posing on sandy beaches," said Travel Channel president Laureen Ong in a press release Tuesday. "This special takes viewers to all seven continents, spotlighting the most magnificent places in the world." Time Inc. Sports Group president Mark Ford echoed Ong's sentiments, adding: "We are delighted that the Travel Channel will present the vibrant behind-the-scenes narrative and visuals of this epic and rigorous production. It will show a completely new and captivating perspective of the Swimsuit franchise."
So kick back, grab the remote, and get ready for SI's gorgeous swimsuit models to help you plan your next big trip. Who knows? You might just learn something.
Photo credit: Emily DiDonato poses in Namibia, Africa, Photo: Kayt Jones, Sports Illustrated; Namibia via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $114 -- 4-Star Washignton D.C. Hotel incl. Wi-Fi, Half OffBookIt.com
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $4999 -- Balcony: Alaska Luxury Cruise w/Air & All ToursRegent Seven Seas Cruises
- $1378* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand