Sports Illustrated, Travel Channel Team Up for Swimsuit Issue Special
"Sports fans," set your DVRs: Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue is coming to a TV near you. The Travel Channel will run a special on the famed annual issue February 17th at 8 pm ET. Sports Illustrated®: The Making of Swimsuit '13—7 Continents, 17 Wonders will take viewers all across the world as it chronicles the adventurous shoots models participated in for the magazine.
This year's selection of locales, including SI's first shoot in Antarctica, will highlight some truly jaw-dropping sights. Touring the world from Namibia to Australia and Easter Island, the special is being touted as a cultural experience as well as a companion to the popular swimsuit spreads.
"This is not an hour of just models posing on sandy beaches," said Travel Channel president Laureen Ong in a press release Tuesday. "This special takes viewers to all seven continents, spotlighting the most magnificent places in the world." Time Inc. Sports Group president Mark Ford echoed Ong's sentiments, adding: "We are delighted that the Travel Channel will present the vibrant behind-the-scenes narrative and visuals of this epic and rigorous production. It will show a completely new and captivating perspective of the Swimsuit franchise."
So kick back, grab the remote, and get ready for SI's gorgeous swimsuit models to help you plan your next big trip. Who knows? You might just learn something.
Photo credit: Emily DiDonato poses in Namibia, Africa, Photo: Kayt Jones, Sports Illustrated; Namibia via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: 7-Night All Island Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $99 & up -- Austin Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2999 -- Kenya 7-Nt. Safari w/Game Drives & Air, $400 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $424 & up -- Carnival 5-Day Bahamas Cruise w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines