Sports Illustrated, Travel Channel Team Up for Swimsuit Issue Special
"Sports fans," set your DVRs: Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue is coming to a TV near you. The Travel Channel will run a special on the famed annual issue February 17th at 8 pm ET. Sports Illustrated®: The Making of Swimsuit '13—7 Continents, 17 Wonders will take viewers all across the world as it chronicles the adventurous shoots models participated in for the magazine.
This year's selection of locales, including SI's first shoot in Antarctica, will highlight some truly jaw-dropping sights. Touring the world from Namibia to Australia and Easter Island, the special is being touted as a cultural experience as well as a companion to the popular swimsuit spreads.
"This is not an hour of just models posing on sandy beaches," said Travel Channel president Laureen Ong in a press release Tuesday. "This special takes viewers to all seven continents, spotlighting the most magnificent places in the world." Time Inc. Sports Group president Mark Ford echoed Ong's sentiments, adding: "We are delighted that the Travel Channel will present the vibrant behind-the-scenes narrative and visuals of this epic and rigorous production. It will show a completely new and captivating perspective of the Swimsuit franchise."
So kick back, grab the remote, and get ready for SI's gorgeous swimsuit models to help you plan your next big trip. Who knows? You might just learn something.
Photo credit: Emily DiDonato poses in Namibia, Africa, Photo: Kayt Jones, Sports Illustrated; Namibia via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Ends 7/26: Alaska Cruise Sale w/Onboard SpendNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109-$139 -- Weekends at West Denver Hotel incl. Wi-FiSheraton Denver West Hotel
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1635 & up -- 9-Nt. London, Paris & Rome Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand