Small Town Charm and Big City Art: Weekly Roundup
Did your hometown make the cut in our roundup of great small towns? How about your favorite artsy hotel? Catch up on the best of the best in this week's top stories.
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, it's America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low-key charm that big cities can't match.
The Thai islands dotting the Andaman Sea are all kinds of dreamy with white sandy beaches, stunning rock formations, and crystal blue water. Embrace the easy island life with our chic packing essentials.
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
Finding great art is not a museum-exclusive hunt. These hotels are the best among the many that not only boast stunning architecture on the outside, but that have walls lined with works of art within.
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly kid-friendly destination with tons of fun, interactive activities.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering the beauty of a spirits-inspired spa day.
Photo Credits: St Augustine via Shutterstock; What to Pack Women Day: Top Left: Blue Ridge Mountain Sports; Bottom Left: Athleta; Center Top: Victoria's Secret; Center Bottom: Amazon.com, Inc.; Top Right: farfetch.com; Bottom Right: Bath & Body Works Direct, Inc.; New Zealand courtesy of John Garay; W South Beach courtesy of W South Beach; Schonbrunn Zoo via JaySi/Shutterstock; The Capuchin Crypt: Luigi Roscia / Dreamstime.com; The Spa at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver courtesy of Ritz-Carlton
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Walking Food Tours Around the U.S.
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $479 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary