Small Town Charm and Big City Art: Weekly Roundup
Did your hometown make the cut in our roundup of great small towns? How about your favorite artsy hotel? Catch up on the best of the best in this week's top stories.
In a time when "authentic" is a travel buzzword, it's America's small towns that are drawing in visitors with great local culture, noteworthy cuisine, outdoor offerings, and a low-key charm that big cities can't match.
The Thai islands dotting the Andaman Sea are all kinds of dreamy with white sandy beaches, stunning rock formations, and crystal blue water. Embrace the easy island life with our chic packing essentials.
New Zealand's famously gorgeous countryside might just be best experienced by mini RV. Holiday like a Kiwi when you rent a set of wheels for a trip through the rolling hills.
Finding great art is not a museum-exclusive hunt. These hotels are the best among the many that not only boast stunning architecture on the outside, but that have walls lined with works of art within.
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly kid-friendly destination with tons of fun, interactive activities.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering the beauty of a spirits-inspired spa day.
Photo Credits: St Augustine via Shutterstock; What to Pack Women Day: Top Left: Blue Ridge Mountain Sports; Bottom Left: Athleta; Center Top: Victoria's Secret; Center Bottom: Amazon.com, Inc.; Top Right: farfetch.com; Bottom Right: Bath & Body Works Direct, Inc.; New Zealand courtesy of John Garay; W South Beach courtesy of W South Beach; Schonbrunn Zoo via JaySi/Shutterstock; The Capuchin Crypt: Luigi Roscia / Dreamstime.com; The Spa at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver courtesy of Ritz-Carlton
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France