Sleek Swissotel Opens in Goa, India
Earlier this month, Swissotel swung its doors open in Goa, India. Perched in the coastal region of North Goa, India, in the town of Calangute, the hotel boasts luxury indoor/outdoor amenities like a lily pond, a courtyard pool, and an exclusive beach club.
Also inside the 135-room hotel—with the rooms and suites of varying sizes, and divided among eight three-story buildings—are three restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, and a kids club. Every inch adopts a modern vibe, with artworks by Indian artist Krsna Mehta in the rooms and public spaces, and a monochromatic palette of creams and grays accented by a signature red/white rug and a yellow ottoman in the lobby.
Although the hotel's spa, at the exclusive beach club on Calangute Beach, won't be unveiled until December, guests can enjoy the beach club (exclusive to Swissotel Goa guests). Three restaurants provide a variety of options to guests. At North Café, open all day with a buffet menu, the focus is on Indian fare with some European-inspired eats as well. North16 serves cocktails, plus snacks and fresh juices, near the pool. Grab & Go Deli offers casual meals like pizza, pastries, cakes, cappuccinos, and sandwiches 24 hours a day.
Just a few minutes' walk from the hotel are several nightclubs, restaurants, and bars, ensuring you can still have a late night out on the town while in a relaxed beach community.
To coincide with the opening, Swissotel Goa is offering a deal: stay two nights and get 25% off best-available rates.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Swissotel Goa
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1289 & up -- Honolulu: 4.5-Star Waikiki 5-Nt. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $499 & up -- 5-Night La Romana All-Incl. Trip w/Air, 45% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $2031 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Escorted Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $123 & up -- Cancun Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago