Sleek Swissotel Opens in Goa, India
Earlier this month, Swissotel swung its doors open in Goa, India. Perched in the coastal region of North Goa, India, in the town of Calangute, the hotel boasts luxury indoor/outdoor amenities like a lily pond, a courtyard pool, and an exclusive beach club.
Also inside the 135-room hotel—with the rooms and suites of varying sizes, and divided among eight three-story buildings—are three restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, and a kids club. Every inch adopts a modern vibe, with artworks by Indian artist Krsna Mehta in the rooms and public spaces, and a monochromatic palette of creams and grays accented by a signature red/white rug and a yellow ottoman in the lobby.
Although the hotel's spa, at the exclusive beach club on Calangute Beach, won't be unveiled until December, guests can enjoy the beach club (exclusive to Swissotel Goa guests). Three restaurants provide a variety of options to guests. At North Café, open all day with a buffet menu, the focus is on Indian fare with some European-inspired eats as well. North16 serves cocktails, plus snacks and fresh juices, near the pool. Grab & Go Deli offers casual meals like pizza, pastries, cakes, cappuccinos, and sandwiches 24 hours a day.
Just a few minutes' walk from the hotel are several nightclubs, restaurants, and bars, ensuring you can still have a late night out on the town while in a relaxed beach community.
To coincide with the opening, Swissotel Goa is offering a deal: stay two nights and get 25% off best-available rates.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Swissotel Goa
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $956 & up -- Aruba: 5-Nt. Vacation Packages w/AirApple Vacations
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $2949 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji 23-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $69 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $224 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $2649 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise w/Balcony CabinCarnival Cruise Lines