Book It Now: Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp in Vegas
Future rockers, stop banging your head and instead channel your energy into jamming with the stars at the new Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp. Rock gods like Gene Simmons of KISS fame, Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe, and Sebastian Bach of Skid Row help out future rock stars rehearse, perform, and write music in the camp that lasts for three to five days.
The next five-day camp that takes place at the MGM Grand Feb. 14-18 features jam sessions with Alice Cooper, Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater, and Mike Portnoy of Adrenaline Mob. Rock star counselors will play in a band with students, who can also rehearse and perform live at the MGM Grand. Campers even get to write and record an original song and take home a DVD of their final performance.
Guests can either bring their own instruments or use the camp's stock.
The all-inclusive camp goes for $8,999 for five days and $6,999 for three.
Camps take place about once a month with the next scheduled for March 5-9 with Sammy Hagar of Van Halen fame (and more recently, of Chickenfoot) along with Eddie Trunk from That Metal Show.
Too much cash? Fans can sign up for Rock Star for a Day and get a two-, three-, or four-hour jam session with professional touring and recording musicians who played with the likes of Aerosmith, Slayer, Pantera, Meatloaf, and more. The jam package starts at $299 for a 90-minute session up to $5,999 for a four-hour session on the weekend.
Photo credits: Roger Daltrey sings with camper Danny Dzialo; Dave Navarro and Rudy Sarzo pose with a band of campers both courtesy of Box 24 Studios
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015