Radisson Hotels Make Major Renovations Across US
Remember the Radisson hotels of the 1990s? Well, we can at last say adios to the cookie-cutter look the brand used to embrace. Upscale, comtemporary décor now defines Radisson Hotels properties, with a unique spin on each, so that what's beyond the front door of a Radisson in Scranton, Pennsylvania, does not mirror their hotel in San Francisco.
According to Radisson Hotels, 75 percent of its brand-wide renovations—for 140 hotels across North America—will wrap up by year's end. A total refresh of each property includes a nod to the local surroundings through architecture and a color palette (for example, splashes of sage green in the rooms at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview in Ontario, Canada, remind of nearby Niagara Falls; or a custom wall vinyl in each room at Radisson Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco calling even greater attention to stellar views of Golden Gate Bridge from the hotel.
Based on the types of customers typically served at each Radisson, the dining concept and room design caters to its demographic. The restaurant at Radisson Hotel Corning, in Corning, NY, features bright lights and the rooms flaunt jewel-tone colors, all in reference to glassware made at Corning Incorporated just up the road. At Radisson Hotel Fargo, its designers looked to the nearby downtown, which is currently experiencing something of a renaissance, to come up with a scheme that fits right in. Hip public spaces and a second-floor lounge and restaurant connected to an atrium create yet another spot for locals to hang out.
By 2015, it's expected that the renovations will have extended to all of Radisson Hotels' properties in North America.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Radisson Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- $161 & up -- Downtown Philly Hotel Sale w/Extras, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $49* & up -- Nationwide Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, O/WAlaska Airlines
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1009 & up -- Punta Cana: 3-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $127 & up -- SF: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $195BookIt.com