Princess Cruises Expands All-Inclusive Drink Package
If you've recently sailed aboard certain Princess Cruises ships—specifically Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Emerald Princess, Island Princess, Royal Princess, Ruby Princess, Sapphire Princess, and Star Princess—you hopefully enjoyed the line’s new all-inclusive package.
If your voyage is seven days or less, you can’t take advantage of this drink package($49 per person per day plus a 15 percent gratuity), as it's only offered on cruises that are eight nights or longer. Another caveat: If one adult in your stateroom buys the package, everyone over 21 has to do the same. If anyone under 21 is traveling with you, he or she has to buy the Unlimited Soda & More package.
The alcohol package includes drinks—beer, wine, liquor, and mixed drinks—that are normally priced under $10. Nonalcoholic drinks like sodas and shakes are also included as are coffee, tea, and espresso. Wine aficionados are eligible for 40 percent off bottles priced under $100.
One nice additional perk: The package throws in some goodies like gelato that are normally included with the purchase of Princess’s specialty coffee package.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com, Condé Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic, and other websites and magazines. Her latest book is Tom Petty: Rock ‘n’ Roll Guardian. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo Credit: Crown Princess: Courtesy of Princess Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1379 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $119 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $105-135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $838* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $73 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America
- $98* & up -- Canada: Summer Fare Sale from Across US, O/WAir Canada