Aman Resorts Opens Plush Amanoi in Vietnam
"Aman junkies" (yes, it's a thing) now have good reason to trek to Vietnam. Their preferred luxury hotel chain opened its 26th property in Vinh Hy Bay: Amanoi. Like most Aman properties, Amanoi is removed from high-traffic tourist hubs for a unique and exotic experience. While most visitors who arrive at Cam Ranh Airport head south to the popular Nah Trang beach town, Aman guests drive 90 minutes in the opposite direction to Nui Chua National Park.
Amanoi sprawls 100 acres within the lush and vibrant forest, with dramatic hilltops and pristine beaches along the coast. It's a self-contained oasis where the air is fresh, gorgeous views abound, and the feeling of being far, far away is ever present. In typical Aman fashion, Amanoi feels more like a gracious, private residence rather than a hotel. The Central Pavilion includes the Main Lodge restaurant, an expansive outdoor terrace, and cliffside, outdoor pool, all of which harbor unrivaled views of the sea. Additionally, centuries-old antiques and contemporary furnishings adorn public spaces and, the 31 individual guest pavilions and 5 villas are strategically spaced out, ensuring plenty of privacy.
The design of the pavilions (the smallest is 312 square feet), is a mix of contemporary elements (heavy on geometrical shapes and linear themes) and traditional Vietnamese styles (like sloped roofs). Each unit comes equipped with king-size bed, sofa, writing desk, LCD TV, wireless internet, and sound-docking systems. The bathroom has a stand-alone tub with separate rain shower and—depending on what room you book—priceless views of mountain, forest, lake, or bay from the floor-to-ceiling windows. All pavilions feature private timber decks with almost half of them equipped with private pools.
The 20,000-square-foot spa is a retreat within a retreat. Guests are greeted with a calming, lotus-filled lake anchored by a yoga pavilion. The spa features five double treatment rooms within their own villas where guests can indulge in services. There's also a specially curated Holistic Fusion class with in-house instructor Aaron Parsley. The class is designed to stabilize the body, strengthen, tone, and improve posture, perfect for post-long haul flight. The wellness program here is extensive with a large fitness center, daily yoga, two tennis courts, and Pilates studio with Reformer machines.
Some guests may just want to decompress, and the perfect setting is the Beach Club, comprising an outdoor restaurant, 130-foot saltwater infinity pool, and a stretch of white-sand beach flanked by million-year-old rock formations. The turquoise water shimmers, and guests have non-motorized watersports options like snorkeling, kayaking, and taking out a Hobie Cat.
Overall, the most notable feature at Amanoi is the vistas. From the outdoor terrace of the Central Pavilion's Main Lodge restaurant (serving Vietnamese and Mediterranean-inspired fare) to the outdoor pools to even your own private deck, views are unforgettable here. And don't get us started on the stargazing.
Jimmy Im is a freelance travel writer based in LA. He's hosted programs on the Travel Channel and LOGO, and makes regular appearances on morning news shows as a "travel expert." Follow him on Twitter: @dieselmad.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Amanoi
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $389 & up -- 4- and 5-Day Cruises to Canada & New EnglandCarnival Cruise Lines
- $2499 -- Oceanview: 7-Night Luxe Alaska Cruise incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $519 & up -- Alaska: 7-Night Summer Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1843 & up -- Spain: 6-Nt., 2-City w/Air & Wine TastingsGreat Value Vacations
- $1009 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com