Posh New Libertador Palacio Hotel Opens in Cusco, Peru
New this summer, the Libertador Palacio del Inka is yet another reason to trek to Peru this fall as the country enters into its spring season. Among the many perks at the hotel—which is under Starwood Hotels' luxury collection—are these two: a spa and a restaurant serving authentic Peruvian cuisine.
It's located in the San Isidro section of Cusco, directly across from the Koricancha and near the main plaza and San Blas neighborhood (home to many artists). A mix of colonial and Inca buildings surround the hotel. Each of the hotel's 203 rooms—across four categories, from Superior Room, with a Queen or King bed; to Senior Suite Room, stocked with Peruvian antiques plus lots of hand-carved and hand-painted accents) includes an iPod docking station, a mini bar, high-thread-count sheets, and either a balcony or a patio. In-room massages can also be arranged. Some rooms boast a view of the Koricancha temple.
At the spa, many treatments incorporate locally harvested ingredients and the ambiance is entirely authentic with Inca walls and colonial-style balconies.
Inti Raymi Restaurant specializes in authentic Peruvian cuisine (culling Andean ingredients like quinoa, potatoes, and other vegetables from Peru's Sacred Valley) while the lobby bar, Rumi Bar, is a casual spot for sipping cocktails or Pisco Sours.
Three luxury-themed packages pack in even more posh during a stay: "Taste of Luxury" (daily breakfast and fourth-night free), "Luxury Romance" (Champagne and flowers on arrival and in-room breakfast with a minimum two-night stay), and "Luxury Holiday" (buffet breakfast daily and seventh-night free).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Libertador Palacio del Inka
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines