Posh New Libertador Palacio Hotel Opens in Cusco, Peru
New this summer, the Libertador Palacio del Inka is yet another reason to trek to Peru this fall as the country enters into its spring season. Among the many perks at the hotel—which is under Starwood Hotels' luxury collection—are these two: a spa and a restaurant serving authentic Peruvian cuisine.
It's located in the San Isidro section of Cusco, directly across from the Koricancha and near the main plaza and San Blas neighborhood (home to many artists). A mix of colonial and Inca buildings surround the hotel. Each of the hotel's 203 rooms—across four categories, from Superior Room, with a Queen or King bed; to Senior Suite Room, stocked with Peruvian antiques plus lots of hand-carved and hand-painted accents) includes an iPod docking station, a mini bar, high-thread-count sheets, and either a balcony or a patio. In-room massages can also be arranged. Some rooms boast a view of the Koricancha temple.
At the spa, many treatments incorporate locally harvested ingredients and the ambiance is entirely authentic with Inca walls and colonial-style balconies.
Inti Raymi Restaurant specializes in authentic Peruvian cuisine (culling Andean ingredients like quinoa, potatoes, and other vegetables from Peru's Sacred Valley) while the lobby bar, Rumi Bar, is a casual spot for sipping cocktails or Pisco Sours.
Three luxury-themed packages pack in even more posh during a stay: "Taste of Luxury" (daily breakfast and fourth-night free), "Luxury Romance" (Champagne and flowers on arrival and in-room breakfast with a minimum two-night stay), and "Luxury Holiday" (buffet breakfast daily and seventh-night free).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Libertador Palacio del Inka
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1976 & up -- Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires 8-Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $899 & up -- Ends 4/25: Hawaii Weeklong Cruise w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $185-$265 -- San Francisco 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffWestin St. Francis
- $1411 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from OrlandoGreat Value Vacations
- $2229 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji Islands 23-Day CruiseCarnival Cruise Lines
- $879 -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on 'World's Largest Ship'Priceline.com