Paris's Famed Hôtel de Crillon Joins Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Meanwhile, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts—just off a brand relaunch in September—recently announced it will manage the property and fold it into the collection, which to date includes 18 luxury properties in nine countries, such as Rosewood London—open since October—and The Carlyle in New York City. During 2014 and 2015, Rosewood properties will additionally pop up in Beijing; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Baha Mar, the Bahamas; Phuket, Thailand; Bali; and Bangkok.
Built in 1758 at the request of Louis XV, Hôtel de Crillon, once a private home to Count Crillon and his family, was reinvented as a hotel in 1908 and quickly climbed into acclaim with top-notch chefs and an air of elegance. The goal of the restoration, which is headed up by a team of Parisian decorators (Chahan Minassian, Cyril Vergniol, and Tristan Auer) and an artistic director in Lebanon (Aline d'Amman), is to add a contemporary vibe and look without compromising historical design features.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Hôtel de Crillon
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $202 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 35% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $109 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $84 & up -- Florida Gulf Coast 4-Star Hotel, Save 60%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village