Paris's Famed Hôtel de Crillon Joins Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Meanwhile, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts—just off a brand relaunch in September—recently announced it will manage the property and fold it into the collection, which to date includes 18 luxury properties in nine countries, such as Rosewood London—open since October—and The Carlyle in New York City. During 2014 and 2015, Rosewood properties will additionally pop up in Beijing; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Baha Mar, the Bahamas; Phuket, Thailand; Bali; and Bangkok.
Built in 1758 at the request of Louis XV, Hôtel de Crillon, once a private home to Count Crillon and his family, was reinvented as a hotel in 1908 and quickly climbed into acclaim with top-notch chefs and an air of elegance. The goal of the restoration, which is headed up by a team of Parisian decorators (Chahan Minassian, Cyril Vergniol, and Tristan Auer) and an artistic director in Lebanon (Aline d'Amman), is to add a contemporary vibe and look without compromising historical design features.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Hôtel de Crillon
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
- $1453* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $146 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark