Paris's Famed Hôtel de Crillon Joins Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Meanwhile, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts—just off a brand relaunch in September—recently announced it will manage the property and fold it into the collection, which to date includes 18 luxury properties in nine countries, such as Rosewood London—open since October—and The Carlyle in New York City. During 2014 and 2015, Rosewood properties will additionally pop up in Beijing; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Baha Mar, the Bahamas; Phuket, Thailand; Bali; and Bangkok.
Built in 1758 at the request of Louis XV, Hôtel de Crillon, once a private home to Count Crillon and his family, was reinvented as a hotel in 1908 and quickly climbed into acclaim with top-notch chefs and an air of elegance. The goal of the restoration, which is headed up by a team of Parisian decorators (Chahan Minassian, Cyril Vergniol, and Tristan Auer) and an artistic director in Lebanon (Aline d'Amman), is to add a contemporary vibe and look without compromising historical design features.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Hôtel de Crillon
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $179-$197 -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $1487 & up -- Australia Travel Deals, Save up to $2600Virgin Australia
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $1649 & up -- Oahu: 4.5-Star Disney Aulani Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $1006 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star Casino Resort Vacation w/AirfareApple Vacations