Pack These Now: 10 Great Spring Jackets
For the travel-prepared, a savvy spring jacket can go a long way (and, frankly, can be used in temperate climes even in the autumn). Here are few seasonal covers to pack now for your next trip.
The Go-With-Everything Classics
On the left: A lightweight wool pea coat in deep blue works for both spring and fall. This double-breasted collegiate style packs extra flair with zipper details at the shoulder ($139 at Club Monaco).
On the right: Bouclé is often spotted on posh, lunching ladies and for good reason. Especially in black-and-white, the nubby material adds a tony polish to a simple jeans and t-shirt ($59.99 at Mango).
On the left: If you're stocked on the basics, a pattern can do wonders for a travel wardrobe. This floral kimono has a lush, bohemian air and pairs well with sleek dresses and casual denim ($110 at Topshop).
On the right: Both sporty and playful, this "Aloha" print bomber jacket is fashion-forward without taking anything too seriously ($310 at Matches).
On the left: A utilitarian design does just what is says it does: it's useful. Take, for example, this army green field jacket, which is slimmed down for feminine figures without losing any of its rugged appeal ($138 at Madewell).
On the right: The usual khaki chino gets a wallop of color in this handsome sailing-inspired jacket. Plus, the outerwear piece is cut in breathable cotton—perfect for long flights ($138 at J. Crew).
On the left: Browsing through celebrity street style photos, you'll often see household names donning blazers for the airport. That's because they're a smart and quick way to look pulled together when the rest of the outfit may be rumpled or casual. For spring, try a sprightly seafoam color ($278 by Joie) to go with white jeans or loose trousers.
On the right: Channel your inner prep school kid with this single button crest blazer. In this bright red hue, the classic design packs a visual punch ($366.76 by Ralph Lauren).
Spring for Metallics
On the left: Feeling trendy? For a stand-out look, a metallic motorcycle jacket is surprisingly versatile—treat it like a neutral—and can go with flirty sundresses and colored jeans. This one by Vince Camuto adds edge without busting your travel budget ($59.99).
On the right: Lovely and ladylike, this metallic floral jacquard number has spring written all over it. The cropped cut makes it dressy enough for both day and night ($140 by Topshop).Photo Credits: The Go-With-Everything Classics: Left: MANGO On-Line Inc.; Right: Club Monaco. Pattern Play: Left: Topshop.com; Right: Matches. Modern Utility: Madewell Inc.; Right: J. Crew; Blazing Trails: Left: Joie; Right: farfetch.com. Spring for Metallics: Left: Vince Camuto; Right: Nordstrom, Inc.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $549 & up -- Weeklong Caribbean Cruise in Spring, $440 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $2703 & up -- Ireland in Spring: 5-Star Trip w/Four SeasonsSceptre Tours
- $99 & up -- Orlando Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago