Oscar-Worthy Hotels and Flight-Friendly Reads: Weekly Roundup
This weekend, get your pop culture fix. Gear up for the Oscars tomorrow with a look back at hotels made famous by the Academy, or read up on books to pack for a long cross-country flight. Check out the week's top stories in our weekly roundup.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
NYC has more than enough diversions, of course. But once the snow starts to fall, the best way to spend a day is on the slopes that are just a quick drive away.
Munich airport has got the right idea with their new Napcabs—sleeping pods with WiFi, air-con, flight info, and an alarm clock. Unless you like using your carry-on as a pillow.
There's no place like Trinidad for Carnival—and all the chaos and costumes that it entails. Read up on our writer's trip to the center of steel drum music and all-day parading.
Don't be stuck combing the bookshelves at the airport snack stand—pack any of the new reads on our list and you'll be racing to turn the last page before your cross-country flight lands.
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
Santa Barbara's beautiful and historic El Encanto Hotel, which shuttered in 2006 for massive upgrades and renovation, is finally set to reopen next month with a stunning restaurant, gardens, and spa.
Photo Credits: The Pierre Scent of a Woman courtesy of Leading Hotels of the World; Dolder Grand Exterior courtesy of The Dolder Grand; Killington via Shutterstock; Napcab courtesy of Napcabs; Carnival images by Jim Stephens for Trinidad/Tobago Tourism; The Love Song of Jonny Valentine courtesy of Goodreads; Las Vegas via Songquan Deng on Shutterstock; St Petersburg via Shutterstock; El Encanto courtesy of Orient Express, El Encanto Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $159 -- Savannah: Riverfront Hotel w/Bottle of Wine, 50% OffCotton Sail Hotel
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $879 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $266 & up -- D.C.: 4-Diamond St. Regis Hotel, up to 30% offSt. Regis Washington DC
- $111 & up -- Niagara Falls: 4-Star Waterpark Hotel, Save 52%Sheraton on the Falls Hotel
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises