Oscar-Worthy Hotels and Flight-Friendly Reads: Weekly Roundup
This weekend, get your pop culture fix. Gear up for the Oscars tomorrow with a look back at hotels made famous by the Academy, or read up on books to pack for a long cross-country flight. Check out the week's top stories in our weekly roundup.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
NYC has more than enough diversions, of course. But once the snow starts to fall, the best way to spend a day is on the slopes that are just a quick drive away.
Munich airport has got the right idea with their new Napcabs—sleeping pods with WiFi, air-con, flight info, and an alarm clock. Unless you like using your carry-on as a pillow.
There's no place like Trinidad for Carnival—and all the chaos and costumes that it entails. Read up on our writer's trip to the center of steel drum music and all-day parading.
Don't be stuck combing the bookshelves at the airport snack stand—pack any of the new reads on our list and you'll be racing to turn the last page before your cross-country flight lands.
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? From Stockholm to Quito, Ecuador, we've found tours that let you see things from a new perspective.
Santa Barbara's beautiful and historic El Encanto Hotel, which shuttered in 2006 for massive upgrades and renovation, is finally set to reopen next month with a stunning restaurant, gardens, and spa.
Photo Credits: The Pierre Scent of a Woman courtesy of Leading Hotels of the World; Dolder Grand Exterior courtesy of The Dolder Grand; Killington via Shutterstock; Napcab courtesy of Napcabs; Carnival images by Jim Stephens for Trinidad/Tobago Tourism; The Love Song of Jonny Valentine courtesy of Goodreads; Las Vegas via Songquan Deng on Shutterstock; St Petersburg via Shutterstock; El Encanto courtesy of Orient Express, El Encanto Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- $1005 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Escapes w/Air & Studio RoomPleasant Holidays
- $1942 & up -- Spain: 4-City, Self-Drive Tour w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $589 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. 4-Nt. Vacation; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $160-$185 -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 30%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $599 & up -- Jamaica: Riu Negril Getaway w/Air, Save $300CheapCaribbean.com