Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid Now Open
New for fall, Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid debuted as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand. Part of the larger, Spain-based hospitality group, Palladium Hotel Group, the Ayre Hoteles brand chose to launch the first Only YOU Hotel & Lounge in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district. The property is set within easy striking distance of prime attractions like Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, and the Reina Sofia.
Tucked inside a former townhouse dating back to the 19th century (and once owned by the Marquis of Alhama), the hotel's 70 rooms strive to feel like a home away from home, but with a luxury twist and modern conveniences, thanks to the building's $27 million renovation. Lazaro Rosa-Violan's interior design work merges Colonial and Mediterranean influences. In each room, crisp navy walls are paired with off-white hues. As a nod to the building's past incarnations, the original sign for a bookstore called Librería Padrino was preserved and folded into the exterior design.
Also in the hotel is a gastro-lounge headed up by Chef Carlos Martín, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a tapas bent, and open until midnight. Within the lounge, too, is a full-on arts space with regular DJs, visual art, and live music.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $1799 & up -- Venice, Florence & Rome w/Air and RailFriendly Planet Travel
- $939 & up -- Costa Rica: 4-Star, All-Inclusive Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $258 & up -- Ireland Trips & Castle Stays, Save up to $480Featured Destination: Ireland
- $115 -- Playa Del Carmen Adult-Only Escape, Save 30%Deseo [Hotel + Lounge]