Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid Now Open
New for fall, Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid debuted as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand. Part of the larger, Spain-based hospitality group, Palladium Hotel Group, the Ayre Hoteles brand chose to launch the first Only YOU Hotel & Lounge in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district. The property is set within easy striking distance of prime attractions like Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, and the Reina Sofia.
Tucked inside a former townhouse dating back to the 19th century (and once owned by the Marquis of Alhama), the hotel's 70 rooms strive to feel like a home away from home, but with a luxury twist and modern conveniences, thanks to the building's $27 million renovation. Lazaro Rosa-Violan's interior design work merges Colonial and Mediterranean influences. In each room, crisp navy walls are paired with off-white hues. As a nod to the building's past incarnations, the original sign for a bookstore called Librería Padrino was preserved and folded into the exterior design.
Also in the hotel is a gastro-lounge headed up by Chef Carlos Martín, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a tapas bent, and open until midnight. Within the lounge, too, is a full-on arts space with regular DJs, visual art, and live music.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $79 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2199 -- Oceanview: Tahiti 7-Night Luxury Cruise, $1000 OffWindstar Cruises
- $799 & up -- Alaska 10-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 -- St. Maarten 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $1599 -- 15-Night Hawaiian Islands Cruise w/$250 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $909 & up -- Greece: Escorted Athens Land-Only Trip w/CruiseApple Vacations