Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid Now Open
New for fall, Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid debuted as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand. Part of the larger, Spain-based hospitality group, Palladium Hotel Group, the Ayre Hoteles brand chose to launch the first Only YOU Hotel & Lounge in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district. The property is set within easy striking distance of prime attractions like Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, and the Reina Sofia.
Tucked inside a former townhouse dating back to the 19th century (and once owned by the Marquis of Alhama), the hotel's 70 rooms strive to feel like a home away from home, but with a luxury twist and modern conveniences, thanks to the building's $27 million renovation. Lazaro Rosa-Violan's interior design work merges Colonial and Mediterranean influences. In each room, crisp navy walls are paired with off-white hues. As a nod to the building's past incarnations, the original sign for a bookstore called Librería Padrino was preserved and folded into the exterior design.
Also in the hotel is a gastro-lounge headed up by Chef Carlos Martín, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a tapas bent, and open until midnight. Within the lounge, too, is a full-on arts space with regular DJs, visual art, and live music.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $1599* & up -- Business Class Flights to Brazil (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $143 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $202 -- 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $535 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Vacations incl. Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $169 -- Aspen, CO: 4-Star Resort into Summer, 60% OffWestin Snowmass Resort
- $1379 & up -- Jamaica: Weeklong All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations