Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid Now Open
New for fall, Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid debuted as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand. Part of the larger, Spain-based hospitality group, Palladium Hotel Group, the Ayre Hoteles brand chose to launch the first Only YOU Hotel & Lounge in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district. The property is set within easy striking distance of prime attractions like Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, and the Reina Sofia.
Tucked inside a former townhouse dating back to the 19th century (and once owned by the Marquis of Alhama), the hotel's 70 rooms strive to feel like a home away from home, but with a luxury twist and modern conveniences, thanks to the building's $27 million renovation. Lazaro Rosa-Violan's interior design work merges Colonial and Mediterranean influences. In each room, crisp navy walls are paired with off-white hues. As a nod to the building's past incarnations, the original sign for a bookstore called Librería Padrino was preserved and folded into the exterior design.
Also in the hotel is a gastro-lounge headed up by Chef Carlos Martín, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a tapas bent, and open until midnight. Within the lounge, too, is a full-on arts space with regular DJs, visual art, and live music.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Walking Food Tours Around the U.S.
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $1094-$1194* -- Fly to Japan w/Hong Kong Stopover (R/T)Cathay Pacific
- $209-$259 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $3799 & up -- Australia: Ayers Rock & Sydney Escape w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach