Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid Now Open
New for fall, Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid debuted as the first location for this brand-new boutique-hotel brand. Part of the larger, Spain-based hospitality group, Palladium Hotel Group, the Ayre Hoteles brand chose to launch the first Only YOU Hotel & Lounge in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca district. The property is set within easy striking distance of prime attractions like Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, and the Reina Sofia.
Tucked inside a former townhouse dating back to the 19th century (and once owned by the Marquis of Alhama), the hotel's 70 rooms strive to feel like a home away from home, but with a luxury twist and modern conveniences, thanks to the building's $27 million renovation. Lazaro Rosa-Violan's interior design work merges Colonial and Mediterranean influences. In each room, crisp navy walls are paired with off-white hues. As a nod to the building's past incarnations, the original sign for a bookstore called Librería Padrino was preserved and folded into the exterior design.
Also in the hotel is a gastro-lounge headed up by Chef Carlos Martín, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a tapas bent, and open until midnight. Within the lounge, too, is a full-on arts space with regular DJs, visual art, and live music.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1175 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $195 & up -- NYC: Weekends at 4-Star Downtown HotelSheraton New York Tribeca
- $203-$243 -- Carlsbad 4-Star Resort Near Legoland, 40% OffSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa