New Pearl Seas Cruises Announces 2015 Caribbean Season
It's not often that a new cruise line is born, but Pearl Seas Cruises, a small ship company devoted to luxury-level service and adventurous itineraries, is set to make its debut with the 200-passenger Pearl Mist in 2014. She'll launch in June with a series of sailings to New England, Canada, and the Great Lakes, before repositioning to the Caribbean for winter 2015.
The cruise line has programmed a variety of 7-, 10-, and 11-night voyages around the Caribbean from February through May of 2015. Sail round-trip from St. Martin or San Juan, Puerto Rico, or try St. Martin to San Juan, or San Juan to Freeport, in the Bahamas. Lined-up ports of calls include Turks and Caicos, the Dominican Republic, St. Barth, Tortola, Martinique, and more.
Pearl Mist is currently at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, Maryland, where it's being outfitted for its first voyage. Its hallmarks include private balconies in every stateroom, spacious open sundecks for relaxing in port or at sea, and a dining room that will serve both inventive cuisine and traditional favorites. More details about the cruise line will become available as Pearl Mist nears her christening.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Pearl Seas Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015