New Pearl Seas Cruises Announces 2015 Caribbean Season
It's not often that a new cruise line is born, but Pearl Seas Cruises, a small ship company devoted to luxury-level service and adventurous itineraries, is set to make its debut with the 200-passenger Pearl Mist in 2014. She'll launch in June with a series of sailings to New England, Canada, and the Great Lakes, before repositioning to the Caribbean for winter 2015.
The cruise line has programmed a variety of 7-, 10-, and 11-night voyages around the Caribbean from February through May of 2015. Sail round-trip from St. Martin or San Juan, Puerto Rico, or try St. Martin to San Juan, or San Juan to Freeport, in the Bahamas. Lined-up ports of calls include Turks and Caicos, the Dominican Republic, St. Barth, Tortola, Martinique, and more.
Pearl Mist is currently at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, Maryland, where it's being outfitted for its first voyage. Its hallmarks include private balconies in every stateroom, spacious open sundecks for relaxing in port or at sea, and a dining room that will serve both inventive cuisine and traditional favorites. More details about the cruise line will become available as Pearl Mist nears her christening.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Pearl Seas Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $67-$69 -- Orlando Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Kids Eat Free, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $135-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $108-$135 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $399-$429 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa