New Pearl Seas Cruises Announces 2015 Caribbean Season
It's not often that a new cruise line is born, but Pearl Seas Cruises, a small ship company devoted to luxury-level service and adventurous itineraries, is set to make its debut with the 200-passenger Pearl Mist in 2014. She'll launch in June with a series of sailings to New England, Canada, and the Great Lakes, before repositioning to the Caribbean for winter 2015.
The cruise line has programmed a variety of 7-, 10-, and 11-night voyages around the Caribbean from February through May of 2015. Sail round-trip from St. Martin or San Juan, Puerto Rico, or try St. Martin to San Juan, or San Juan to Freeport, in the Bahamas. Lined-up ports of calls include Turks and Caicos, the Dominican Republic, St. Barth, Tortola, Martinique, and more.
Pearl Mist is currently at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, Maryland, where it's being outfitted for its first voyage. Its hallmarks include private balconies in every stateroom, spacious open sundecks for relaxing in port or at sea, and a dining room that will serve both inventive cuisine and traditional favorites. More details about the cruise line will become available as Pearl Mist nears her christening.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Pearl Seas Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $155-$199 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego
- $1615 & up -- Bali & Singapore 6-Nts. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $169-$199 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $235 & up -- S.C. 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $185 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals up to 40% OffVisit West Hollywood