New Luxury Resort Opening in Sochi, Russia this Winter
Already in the global spotlight due to the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Solis Sochi Hotel & Suites—from Capella Hotels & Resorts—opens later this year in Sochi, Russia. It's in perfect pitch with opening day of the Olympics, which is February 7, 2014.
As a ski-in, ski-out resort, the 120-room property in Gorky Gorod 960—a brand-new village near Sochi, which is host city for the upcoming Olympics—touts a luxury vibe. A restaurant, bar, après-ski café, a ballroom with a terrace, and a bar in the lobby are tucked into the Caucasus Mountains, affording lots of mountain views due to it being built into a steep incline.
Included in the hotel's design are 52 suites and spacious rooms. Arketipo Design, with offices in Turkey and Dubai, was hired to cultivate a cutting-edge theme without compromising warmth. Hallway carpets are deep purples and yellows while next to each walk-in shower is a vanity back-lit with a purple hue. Also in the rooms: a calming palette of creams accented with pops of canary yellow and a soft purple. An Old Hollywood feel in the lobby is expressed in black-and-white club chairs along with diamond-encrusted, asymmetrical chandeliers, and gold squares on the floor. Also on site will be a spa for on-site pampering and a cozy, calming environment to wile away winter afternoons.
Other Solis hotels are in Guangzhou and Lake Ti, China; Lough Eske, Ireland; and Doha in Qatar. This is the first in Russia.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Solis Sochi
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $849 & up -- Cancun: 'Secrets' All-Inclusive Getaway w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $699 -- Oahu: 3 Nights at Posh Oceanfront Resort, Save $678Turtle Bay Resort
- $89-$99 -- Chicago: Wrigleyville Hotel into Cubs SeasonBest Western Plus Hawthorne Terrace
- $5899 -- 14 Nts: London to Stockholm w/Air & $400 CreditOceania Cruises
- $99 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through SpringVisit Arizona
- $129 -- Puerto Rico 4-Star Golf Resort, 35% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company