New Luxury Hotel Debuts in French Alps: L'Apogée Courchevel
Earlier this month, the French Alps welcomed the addition of brand-new luxury property L'Apogée Courchevel. The ski-in, ski-out resort is the latest installment from the Oetker Collection hotel group, which includes such esteemed properties as Le Bristol in Paris and Hôtel du Cap-Eden Roc along the French Riviera.
Nestled in the Courchevel ski resort area—also part of Les Trois Vallées, the world's largest linked ski region—the hotel brims with plenty of little luxuries like a caviar bar, meals prepared by a two-Michelin-starred chef, and a special suite in the spa reserved for a Russian pampering technique called baniya. Also in the spa are an indoor pool, fitness center, and four treatment rooms. Guests at the resort additionally have access to a large terrace with bird's-eye views of the slopes.
Of the resort's 53 rooms, 33 are suites and the remaining 20 are spacious standard rooms. Each room—designed by Paris-based architect and designer India Mahdavi—is decked out with houndstooth-motif carpeting, burgundy-hued furnishings, and emerald-green accents. Fior di Bosco marble in the bathrooms, plus underfloor heating throughout, creates a lavish, but comfortable place to retire each night.
At Le Comptoir de L'Apogée, Chef Yannick Franques dreams up dishes assisted by ingredients from a ham-aging cellar, and cheeses aged in-house, plus high-quality produce. Meals are paired with a wall of windows boasting a view over the French Alps. Flutes of Champagne are sipped in the Champagne Lounge at night alongside a crackling fire; during the day, the venue features an extensive coffee and tea menu and decadent light bites like foie gras folded into a club sandwich. At Le Bar de L'Apogée, cocktails, a light lunch menu, and DJs create the perfect après-ski trifect.
Pint-size guests between the ages of four and 10 can play at Mini VIP 1850 Children's Club, with offerings like crepes-and-music events, perfume-making lessons, or instruction on performing magic tricks.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living, and American Way. In 2006, she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of L'Apogée Courchevel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $319 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1486* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $51 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel Sale w/$25 Off 3-Nt. StaysBookIt.com
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $119 -- Boston: Cambridge Hotel Suite w/Wi-Fi, 35% OffDoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge