New Luxury Cliffside Camp Opens in Montana
Montana's plush Paw's Up resort is about to get even more posh.
Debuting June 1 is Cliffside Camp, taking the glamping trend—which Paw's Up, based in Greenough, Montana—is already famous for, to the next level. Perched on top of a cliff with jaw-dropping views of the Blackfoot River and Elk Creek, on the banks of the Blackfoot River, these six suite-sized platform tents feature one- or two-bedroom accommodations complete with ensuite bathrooms, electricity, and air conditioning. This is Paw's Up's fifth camp.
Cliffside Camp guests are paired with a camping butler (yep) to assist with tasks like fluffing the pillows, hunting down some bug spray, or even perfecting your nightly s'mores. The best part? You don't have to start a fire when you're famished. Instead, meals are served in a lavish dining pavilion (rates include breakfast, lunch, and dinner) where rustic ranch cuisine culled from the nearby landscape (such as huckleberries and trout) is paired with world-class wines.
Inside each of the two one-bedroom, 650-square-foot "Honeymoon" tents is a copper clawfoot tub big enough for two, and the tent itself is thoughtfully tucked into a more private location. Each of the four two-bedroom, 975-square-foot tents, which are designed to house four guests comfortably in a king-size bed and two twin-size beds, has a slate shower (plus heated slate floors in the bathroom to help endure chilly mornings). All tents at Cliffside Camp feature armoires for hanging clothing, an expansive terrace with Adirondack chairs, terry robes and slippers, and daily housekeeping service. There's even a hairdryer so you don't have to hide your frizzy camping hair under a hat. All guests are invited to a nightly bonfire complete with s'mores.
When it's time to leave your tent and brave the great outdoors, there are plenty of complimentary activities on offer including disc golf, badminton, yoga, basketball, geo-caching, volleyball, fly fishing, croquet, horse rides, or hiking through nearby Lubrecht Experimental Forest. On rainy days you need only head to the Lewis & Clark Reception Barn where indoor activities like billiards, books, and games are available. Paw's Up also has a wide-ranging DVD collection for holing up in your tent with a good movie. No flashlights required.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Resort at Paw's Up
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $129 & up -- Orlando: 4-Star Resort Inside Disney, Reg. $339BookIt.com
- $599 & up -- Cancun: 3-Nt. All-Incl. Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $2999 -- 10-Night Award-Winning Asia Cruise, Save $1000Windstar Cruises
- $267 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, 30% OffWestin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $549 & up -- 7-Day Cruise to Adriatic Sea & Italy w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $170 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel