New Anantara Resort Opens in Vietnam
Anantara is expanding its reach throughout South East Asia with the opening of Anantara Hoi An Resort in Hoi An City, Vietnam.
This coastal city—an ancient town that served as a prominent trading port for South East Asia during the 15th through 19th centuries—is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the luxury 93-room resort, divided between French Colonial style buildings, are split-level rooms and suites that open up onto porches with daybeds paired with a view of either gardens or the Thu Bon River, providing the perfect little spot for a nap or reading. Most every detail throughout the resort is designed to give guests an authentic peek into Vietnamese culture, down to the cocktails served poolside. Cooking and mixology classes dish on locals' techniques, and classes in lantern making, traditional Vietnamese painting, and the local language are offered on-site too.
There are five dining options at Anantara Hoi An Resort: Lanterns (breakfast buffet by day and seafood and steaks with a Vietnamese twist at night, all served riverside), Heritage Bar (mimicking the town of Hoi An City with colonial-style décor and hanging lanterns, and serving Vietnamese tapas plus a wine list, cigars, and nightcaps), Riverside Café (chic black-and-white coffee bar with indoor-outdoor seating and a French vibe), Reflections (cocktails and tropical juices served daytime at this poolside bar), and Dining by Design (private-dining experience including consultation with chef about the menu and butler services).
Pampering continues at the spa, with four treatment rooms and an outdoor pavilion designed for manicures and pedicures. Among signature treatments is the Vietnamese Four Hands Massage (two therapists provide the invigorating massage to help alleviate stress) and Journey to Far East (folding in Vietnamese herbs that are highly aromatic, followed by a guava body scrub, honey wrap, and tea ceremony).
Boat excursions can also be arranged along the Thu Bon River.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Anantara Hoi An Resort
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 40% OffSan Francisco Travel
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $659 & up -- Cozumel: Beach Escape incl. Meals, Drinks & AirApple Vacations
- $215 & up -- Florida: 4-Star Hollywood Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Diplomat