Mondavi Family Develops New Wine List for Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line is constantly refining the onboard experience for its guests and the cruise company is particularly good at partnering with other like-minded individuals and artisans. Accordingly, Norwegian has just revealed that the line is working with winemakers from the Michael Mondavi Family Estate, with a goal of elevating the cruise line's wine selection across its fleet.
Michael Mondavi—a celebrated third-generation winemaker from Napa Valley—is directing the project with the help of his son, Rob Jr., and his daughter, Dina. The trio hand-selected a variety of different wines to curate Norwegian's extensive onboard wine selection.
The 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway—making her debut in January 2014—will test the updated wine menu on its Caribbean voyages before the new selection of wines are embraced by the rest of the fleet over the course of the year.
The Mondavi Family also produced an interesting series of videos about wine-tasting, which will be aired on the onboard entertainment system in staterooms.
Norwegian's team of food and beverage staff are looking forward to the new changes to the wine menu and, in anticipation, have undergone intensive training sessions to make them intimately familiar with the new menu. As such, staff can make educated recommendations to guests who are trying to decide on the perfect wine to complement a meal.
Finally, if you do enjoy a nice glass of wine, look into Norwegian's Viva Vino wine packages that allow for a 25-percent savings on a select list of wines. You can choose four, six, or eight bottles to savor throughout the cruise—either in your stateroom, in a bar or lounge, or during dinner service.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $39 & up -- Amtrak: One-Way Northeast Fares, 25% OffAmtrak
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $231 & up -- Upscale All-Incl. Cancun Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com