Mondavi Family Develops New Wine List for Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line is constantly refining the onboard experience for its guests and the cruise company is particularly good at partnering with other like-minded individuals and artisans. Accordingly, Norwegian has just revealed that the line is working with winemakers from the Michael Mondavi Family Estate, with a goal of elevating the cruise line's wine selection across its fleet.
Michael Mondavi—a celebrated third-generation winemaker from Napa Valley—is directing the project with the help of his son, Rob Jr., and his daughter, Dina. The trio hand-selected a variety of different wines to curate Norwegian's extensive onboard wine selection.
The 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway—making her debut in January 2014—will test the updated wine menu on its Caribbean voyages before the new selection of wines are embraced by the rest of the fleet over the course of the year.
The Mondavi Family also produced an interesting series of videos about wine-tasting, which will be aired on the onboard entertainment system in staterooms.
Norwegian's team of food and beverage staff are looking forward to the new changes to the wine menu and, in anticipation, have undergone intensive training sessions to make them intimately familiar with the new menu. As such, staff can make educated recommendations to guests who are trying to decide on the perfect wine to complement a meal.
Finally, if you do enjoy a nice glass of wine, look into Norwegian's Viva Vino wine packages that allow for a 25-percent savings on a select list of wines. You can choose four, six, or eight bottles to savor throughout the cruise—either in your stateroom, in a bar or lounge, or during dinner service.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $114 -- 4-Star Washignton D.C. Hotel incl. Wi-Fi, Half OffBookIt.com
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood