Molly Sims' All-Time Favorite Getaways
You may know Molly Sims as a famous model, TV personality, and actress, but this A-lister also has an eye for design. She recently curated one of five pop-up spaces in Los Angeles for Airbnb (along with other celebrities like James Franco and Lake Bell). Her pop-up at the Grove was a glass-walled, modern space inspired by Old Hollywood glamour and vintage 70s pieces, like a one-of-a-kind chandelier and Edison bulbs. “I love designing houses,” she told Fodor's. “I wanted to work with Airbnb because I love their options around Los Angeles. You can get anything from a castle to a tent." Molly has designed spaces of her own too, she just finished a house in the Hamptons and soon she’ll start working on her home in New York City. When she's not designing, she's traveling around the globe, from Paris (she lived in Europe for six years) to New York to Mexico. Fodor's caught up with Molly to discover her favorite places to travel.
"Everything from Big Sur to Carmel is amazing. I think the best thing about California is that you can experience all these things that you never would imagine and there's so many regions that are so different. Like the snow in Tahoe, San Francisco for food, and even down to the Baja Peninsula… everything's so diverse."
"Napa is just divine, especially in terms of farm-to-table eating and amazing spas. I got married there and we stayed at Solage in Calistoga. The food is phenomenal and it's a gorgeous space. I know Solage was voted as having the best eggs Benedict recently and it's so true. There's also a place called Press that makes the best drinks."
"Then, Palm Springs is one of my most favorite places ever. It's so close by and so warm. You feel like you're getting away without actually going too far. I love The Parker and just about everything here, it's so relaxed."
"Some of my favorite meals ever have been in Santa Barbara. I love being here for dinner, it’s such a beautiful place to have a gorgeous meal, and there are so many restaurants with a great setting. One place I haven't been to yet is El Encanto. It just opened and I am dying to visit!"
"I love going to Cabo. It's such a short flight from Los Angeles, and I go whenever I have the chance. We have a beautiful house there. There's no mosquitos, no humidity, and it's one of my favorite getaways in Mexico."
Jimmy Im is a freelance travel writer based in LA. He’s hosted programs on the Travel Channel and LOGO, and makes regular appearances on morning news shows as a “travel expert.” Follow him on Twitter: @dieselmad.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $189-$249 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $239 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. Cayman IslandsCarnival Cruise Line