Book Now: Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational Returns to Vegas
Fore! Some of the biggest names in professional sports and entertainment will take over Las Vegas April 4-7 for the 12th Annual Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational. In the past, the event has drawn the likes of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, NHL great Wayne Gretzky, former baseball great Ken Griffey Jr., and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
Fans can get in on the action. The whole event, which takes place at Aria and Shadow Creek Golf Course, the exclusive golf course owned by MGM Resorts, includes a chance for fans to watch the event, play golf with a celebrity, or attend one of the celebrity VIP events.
These celebrities are in it to win it. Michael Jordan won his own tournament in 2011 and looks to reclaim his title. This year, first-time participants include Olympic champ Michael Phelps, pro football Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Jonathan Ogden, comedian Rob Riggle, PGA golfer Dustin Johnson, country star Jake Owen, actor James Denton, NFL quarterback Josh Freeman, and comedians Kevin Nealon and Wayne Brady, all hoping to walk away winners.
They join repeat contenders Marcus Allen, Anthony Anderson, Brian Baumgartner, Roger Clemens, Penny Hardaway, Brett Hull, Toni Kukoc, Mario Lemieux, Greg Maddux, Tom Welling, Jesse Williams, and Adrian Young as they swing for a cause.
The Celebrity-Amateur tournament, which pairs one celebrity with four amateur participants, will take place Thursday, April 4, and Friday, April 5. The Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational two-person, 36-hole scramble-format tournament, including only competing celebrities, will take place Saturday, April 6, and Sunday, April 7.
Proceeds from the charitable tournament will benefit Make-A-Wish, James R. Jordan Foundation, Opportunity Village, and Cats Care, the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats' charity arm. Since its inception in 2001, the tournament has raised more than $6 million for charity.
Fans can purchase daily or weekly general admission and VIP ticket packages, which include complimentary parking at Shadow Creek, great views of the action from the open-air MasterCard VIP Hospitality Deck, complimentary food, and full-service bars.
Daily general admission passes go for $30 for any day on Thursday through Sunday, while a weekly general admission pass is $100. Upgrade to a daily VIP pass for $100 a day, or go VIP for the entire tournament for $500.
Discounted tickets are available for military service members, senior citizens 65 years of age or older and college students with valid identification. Each group will receive 25 percent off daily or weekly general admission tickets. Parents can also take part in the Bring the Kids for Free general admission ticket pass for kids 17 years of age and younger when accompanied by a general admission ticketed adult (up to two children per paid adult).
Ticketholders can get to the course via free shuttle service that departs every 30 minutes from the Aria's North Valet entrance Thursday and Friday of the tournament from 6 am to 2 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 am to noon.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays