Miami's 6 Best New Shops
It seems that there's a constant stream of new shops opening in Miami, ready to cater to the city's stylish locals and many sun-worshiping visitors. The latest crop is particularly appealing, brimming with unique offerings in beautiful spaces. Here are our six picks for Miami's best new additions to the retail scene.
1. Cottage Miami
1784 West Avenue
The laid-back atmosphere of this inviting store is as hard to resist as its selection of wonderfully wearable yet stylish menswear. Cottage offers preppy-with-a-twist pieces from brands like APC, Band of Outsiders, Michael Bastian, and Saturdays Surf NYC—the type of clothing that feels a bit lived in the day you buy it, and becomes a wardrobe staple instantly. Along with clothes, there's a concise selection of books, shoes and sneakers, grooming products, and bags . . . essentially everything a chic guy could want for a day in the sun.
2. Webster Bal Harbour
9700 Collins Avenue
Over the last few years, the Webster's massive Art Deco flagship in South Beach has emerged as one of the chicest stores in the country, let alone south Florida. Now, this fashion retailer is adding a second location a bit farther north, in a sleek space occupying the second floor of the Bal Harbour Shops. Although much smaller than the original—more like a swank living room than a massive opulent home—the new outpost features a similarly luxe selection of fabulous designer brands from names like Chanel, Celine, and Saint Laurent.
1108 Lincoln Road
Macarons have usurped cupcakes as many foodies' stylish little bite of choice and Laduree—which actually invented this petite treat in France—is opening its first American boutique outside of New York City on Lincoln Road. The decor of the compact space is, as you'd imagine, Parisian-inspired and sophisticated; on offer are the brand's addictive macarons, as well as ice cream; there's also a café space outside where champagne is served alongside sweets.
4. Del Toro
2000 Collins Avenue
A Miami-based footwear brand that's sold in stores like Barneys and Nordstrom, Del Toro recently opened this airy sliver of a store across the street from the W South Beach. It's fun to pop into even just for its snazzy design details—like columns covered with Astroturf—but the vibrant shoes, including bright dressed-up sneakers for men and women, are of course, the main draw. Note, though, that this boutique is temporary—after being launched with a packed party last month at Art Basel, it's slated to shutter its doors come March.
175 NW 23rd Street
Unlike celebrities, most of us aren't lucky enough to have a personal stylist, but this new Wynwood area store offers the next best thing: a boutique filled with clothing and accessories as chosen by Miami-based stylist Melissa Mosheim, who opened the store a few months ago. Stocking brands like 10 Crosby Derek Lam, Torn by Ronny Kobo, and Boundary, the emphasis at MVM is on pieces that are on-trend (but not too trendy), at prices that are meant to afford accessible indulgences. And, since this is Miami, there are plenty of requisite warm-weather accessories on hand, like swimwear and lightweight scarves that are ideal for a breezy beachfront evening.
6. Babalu at the Raleigh
1775 Collins Avenue
Locals already love Babalu, which has branches on Lincoln Road and in Palm Beach, and now visitors have another option for stopping by this impulse-purchase-driven store. The newest location comes tucked inside the Raleigh Hotel, stocking a quirky mix of appealing Miami-appropriate items, like bright red children's Commes des Garcons polos, Heidi Klein bathing suits, and Tom Ford sunglasses. The store's open quite late—until 10pm every night except Sunday, when it shuts at 8pm—for a quick retail pick-me-up to kick off a night on the town.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Cottage
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America