Luxury All-Inclusive Paradisus Resort Opens in Cancun
Things are heating up this winter in Cancun with a brand-new hotel: Paradisus Cancun Resort, which opened on December 1 as the fifth hotel in the Paradisus brand from Meliá Hotels International. (two other Paradisus properties—Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda and Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla—were rolled out in November of 2011.)
The main attraction at this 678-suite, all-inclusive luxury hotel—formerly the Gran Meliá Cancun, its multi-pyramid architecture still intact—is Tempo by Martín Berasategui, a restaurant headed by Michelin Star chef Martín Berasategui. Featured on the Tempo menus (tasting and à la carte) are contemporary dishes like hot foie-gras with minestrone-stuffed zitone pasta and teriyaki reduction and veal entrecote with potato and bacon mille-feuilles, Perigueaux sauce and truffle. Desserts, like the "fruit and flowers" salad with cinnamon infusion and toffee Chantilly, are sinfully sweet.
For more casual (but equally indulgent) fare the five other restaurants offer buffet dining (Naos), Mediterranean cuisine (Vento), contemporary Asian fare (Bana), inventive Italian-Argentinian food (Market Grill) and modern Mexican dishes (Mole & Tacos). Five bars are available to guests, ensuring that a fruity cocktail is always within reach.
The four pools offer swim-up bars, perfect for afternoon refreshment. Fitness enthusiasts will love the YH1 Spa and Health Club and the tennis court. Golfers can work on their game with a nine-hold, par-3 course.
As an all-suite hotel the accommodations are, like most resorts in this region, spacious and perfect for small group travel (space enough to convene after dinner or for a sunrise breakfast). Family Concierge suites have access to a lounge with Internet access, a snack buffet and premium drinks. Additionally, the Kids Club on property keeps little tykes entertained.
Guests staying in Royal Service suites receive not only a private butler, always reachable by cell phone, but also a daily continental breakfast buffet, snacks, coffee and premium beverages, and newspapers carrying international news. Staying in either a Royal Service or Family Concierge Suite means a free dinner at Tempo by Martin Berasategui (the restaurant normally carries a surcharge).
A special introductory rate of $140 per night, per person (based on double occupancy) is valid until December 22, and then from January 10 through March 31, 2013. This is only for bookings made through February 28, 2013.
Photo Credits: Courtesy of Paradisus Cancun
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $338* & up -- Fare Sale to Europe (One-Way, R/T Required)LOT Polish Airlines
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa