Luxury All-Inclusive Paradisus Resort Opens in Cancun
Things are heating up this winter in Cancun with a brand-new hotel: Paradisus Cancun Resort, which opened on December 1 as the fifth hotel in the Paradisus brand from Meliá Hotels International. (two other Paradisus properties—Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda and Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla—were rolled out in November of 2011.)
The main attraction at this 678-suite, all-inclusive luxury hotel—formerly the Gran Meliá Cancun, its multi-pyramid architecture still intact—is Tempo by Martín Berasategui, a restaurant headed by Michelin Star chef Martín Berasategui. Featured on the Tempo menus (tasting and à la carte) are contemporary dishes like hot foie-gras with minestrone-stuffed zitone pasta and teriyaki reduction and veal entrecote with potato and bacon mille-feuilles, Perigueaux sauce and truffle. Desserts, like the "fruit and flowers" salad with cinnamon infusion and toffee Chantilly, are sinfully sweet.
For more casual (but equally indulgent) fare the five other restaurants offer buffet dining (Naos), Mediterranean cuisine (Vento), contemporary Asian fare (Bana), inventive Italian-Argentinian food (Market Grill) and modern Mexican dishes (Mole & Tacos). Five bars are available to guests, ensuring that a fruity cocktail is always within reach.
The four pools offer swim-up bars, perfect for afternoon refreshment. Fitness enthusiasts will love the YH1 Spa and Health Club and the tennis court. Golfers can work on their game with a nine-hold, par-3 course.
As an all-suite hotel the accommodations are, like most resorts in this region, spacious and perfect for small group travel (space enough to convene after dinner or for a sunrise breakfast). Family Concierge suites have access to a lounge with Internet access, a snack buffet and premium drinks. Additionally, the Kids Club on property keeps little tykes entertained.
Guests staying in Royal Service suites receive not only a private butler, always reachable by cell phone, but also a daily continental breakfast buffet, snacks, coffee and premium beverages, and newspapers carrying international news. Staying in either a Royal Service or Family Concierge Suite means a free dinner at Tempo by Martin Berasategui (the restaurant normally carries a surcharge).
A special introductory rate of $140 per night, per person (based on double occupancy) is valid until December 22, and then from January 10 through March 31, 2013. This is only for bookings made through February 28, 2013.
Photo Credits: Courtesy of Paradisus Cancun
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways