Luxe Regent Hotel Opens in Bali
Bali—rightfully dubbed "Island of the Gods"—is getting even more enticing with the introduction of yet another luxury property, Regent Bali.
Open earlier this month, the 94-room, all-suite resort on Sanur Golden Beach (in the Sanur District along Bali's Eastern coastline and a haven for celebrities like Mick Jagger and Princess Diana while on holiday) was built on 10 acres of tropical gardens and hugs a gorgeous beach. Inside each suite—which boasts either a garden or sea view—are modern Balinese-style furnishings to make you feel even more at home while in Bali. As if that wasn&aposâ€™t posh enough, there is also a two-bedroom, two-bath beachfront villa with a private pool and individual spa-treatment room; four Deluxe Spa suites; and four Premier Spa suites (with an outdoor dining and entertainment area). All spa suites feature spa-treatment rooms for privacy and the ultimate in customization while being pampered.
For even more pampering, there is the Regent Spa (specializing in Balinese massages and treatments via its five treatment rooms plus a salon for mani-pedis) as well as a 180-foot infinity pool and fitness center. For down time, the on-site library beckons with titles covering fashion, art, history, and politics; and there are beach cabanas (offering spa treatments) surrounding the pool.
Dining options at the resort include Nyala Beach Club & Grill (pan-Asian fare), Layang Layang Restaurant (Indonesian dishes like oxtail soup and Vietnamese pho, plus Bali Kopi coffee, one of the world's most exquisite coffees, all day long), and Pool Terrace (healthy snacks served poolside). Not far from the resort are many attractions, such as Gunung Kawai Hindu Temple, Batur Mount Volcano, Ubud Art Village, and Rice Terraces.
In celebration of the opening, rates are reduced—starting at $357 per night—for stays through July 14, 2013, and include airport transfers, complimentary snacks and beverages in your suite, coffee and tea service (plus muffins) each morning, canapÃ©s each night in the lobby lounge, and laundry service too. A 24-hour butler is also available to guests at no cost.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photos courtesy of Regent Bali
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays